Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By cosyxu
Good morning Amo,

Just wondering if there is any guide information here about how to setup processmaker server cluster, and I only found this guide from the wiki, https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.2/Proce ... ver_Sizing.

And I was curious that according to the wiki, does it mean we need to build two production server that sharing one database? If this is the case, should I build the database on a third server?

Not sure how this can be achieve, can you please give any advice on this? :?:

Thanks
YX
cosyxu wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:55 pm Just wondering if there is any guide information here about how to setup processmaker server cluster, and I only found this guide from the wiki, https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.2/Proce ... ver_Sizing.

And I was curious that according to the wiki, does it mean we need to build two production server that sharing one database? If this is the case, should I build the database on a third server?
You can place MySQL on a separate server or include MySQL in one of your 2 application servers.
Putting MySQL on a separate server will reduce the processing on your application server.
You also have to put ProcessMaker's /shared directory in a NAT that both application servers can access it.
You have to set up a reverse proxy to redirect traffic between the two application servers.

The DevOps team has done this for a number of clients, but I don't have any documentation. If you are a client, you should request their help.

However, before you do this, I would first recommend:
1. Switch from Apache to Nginx
2. Check RAM usage to see if this is the bottleneck, and add more RAM if necessary.
3. Check CPU usage, and switch ProcessMaker server to a better processor with more cores if necessary.
4. Switch server to a fast SSD (or move the /shared directory to a NAT which uses an SSD).
5. Make sure that server is using a fast network card (1000 or 10000 MBits/sec) and has a fast network connection

If none of those things solves the problem, then move MySQL to a separate server, and see if that solves the problem. Only after you have tried all those things, do I recommend setting up multiple application servers for ProcessMaker.
By cosyxu
amosbatto wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 pm
cosyxu wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:55 pm Just wondering if there is any guide information here about how to setup processmaker server cluster, and I only found this guide from the wiki, https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.2/Proce ... ver_Sizing.

You can place MySQL on a separate server or include MySQL in one of your 2 application servers.
Putting MySQL on a separate server will reduce the processing on your application server.
You also have to put ProcessMaker's /shared directory in a NAT that both application servers can access it.
You have to set up a reverse proxy to redirect traffic between the two application servers.

The DevOps team has done this for a number of clients, but I don't have any documentation. If you are a client, you should request their help.

However, before you do this, I would first recommend:
1. Switch from Apache to Nginx
2. Check RAM usage to see if this is the bottleneck, and add more RAM if necessary.
3. Check CPU usage, and switch ProcessMaker server to a better processor with more cores if necessary.
4. Switch server to a fast SSD (or move the /shared directory to a NAT which uses an SSD).
5. Make sure that server is using a fast network card (1000 or 10000 MBits/sec) and has a fast network connection

If none of those things solves the problem, then move MySQL to a separate server, and see if that solves the problem. Only after you have tried all those things, do I recommend setting up multiple application servers for ProcessMaker.
Hi Amo,

Thanks for your guidance. 8)

I will contact them.

Appreciate,

YX

STEPN integrates social networking and games that […]

Cenforce 150 is a medication used to cope with a c[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Trustworthy and skill-building, each of these actu[…]

To convert MBOX to PST, start by downloading and i[…]