Ask questions about installing and configuring ProcessMaker 3
By Bryont
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.
i have tried everything i have found online to try and get cron to execute on windows but it is always showing inactive in processmaker.
C:\Bitnami\processmaker-3.3.0-0\php\php.exe -f C:\Bitnami\processmaker-3.3.0-0\apps\processmaker\htdocs\workflow\engine\bin\messageeventcron.php

Based upon my install location and that it is a bitnami installation this should be the code that i use in Command Prompt (ran as Admin).
When i run that i get a message saying .php is not recognized as an internal or external command, however directly underneath that it shows that it processed 1 workspace but no information as to what was processed or the status and log stays empty and processmaker still shows cron status inactive.
I assume i need to configure the cron somehow, unfortunately there is very little information online as to how to do this.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
my main goal is to be able to use the mail event to start a task. i have it configured in processmaker i just can not seem to get the cron server to process and send the message to start the task.
By amosbatto
I see that the cron scripts documentation is not very good for Bitnami installs. We generally only recommend Bitnami installs for testing and development, but not for production use.

What you need to do is add C:\Bitnami\processmaker-3.3.0-0\php\ to your system's Path variable.

Right click on "My PC" in the Windows File Explorer and select "Properties" from the context menu. In the System Properties dialog box that opens, go to the "Advanced" tab and click on the "Environment Variables" button. In the " System Variables" section, click on the "Path" variable in the list to select it and then click on "Edit" . Then, add C:\Bitnami\processmaker-3.3.0-0\php to the end of the existing paths.
ChangeWindowsPathVariable.png
ChangeWindowsPathVariable.png (118.09 KiB) Viewed 7551 times

Then, open a terminal, and you can execute the command:
php C:\Bitnami\processmaker-3.3.0-0\apps\processmaker\htdocs\workflow\engine\bin\messageeventcron.php

(Make sure to open the terminal after saving the Path variable, so it will contain the new value of the Path variable.)
By amosbatto
Then you need to set it up a Windows Scheduled Task to periodically execute the cron scripts as explained in the documentation.
By Bryont
out of curiosity what would i need to do to change from to Bitnami stack to the full community version of ProcessMaker on a windows machine, as of now this is just an internal program ran on the network but eventually it will be expanded to go online and interact with customers.
By amosbatto
There are two ways:
1. The easy way to do it is to do a manual install of ProcessMaker. Then export all your processes from your Bitnami install and import them into your manual install of ProcessMaker.

2. The problem is if you need to maintain your existing cases. This is much harder. You can do a manual install of the same version of ProcessMaker. Then copy your C:\Bitnami\processmaker-3.X.X-X\app\processmaker\htdocs\shared directory to C:\opt\processmaker\shared.

Then, you need to export the databases from your Bitnami install of MySQL and import them into your manual install of MySQL. Then you need to recreate the same MySQL user that you have in your C:\Bitnami\processmaker-3.X.X-X\app\processmaker\htdocs\shared\sites\{workspace}\db.php file in your new install of MySQL.

Do you need to preserve your existing cases? I can write out the full instructions, but I don't want to take the time if you don't need it.
By Bryont
no need to preserve the existing cases just the processes and structure.
so if i export all my processes and PM tables i should be good.
i havent started this into production as of yet.
i am still constructing the workflow to fit my needs.
i just dont want to loose the existing structure i have but from what your saying it is beneficial to be on the community version for when i do place this into production.
Do i need to manually install or can i download the exe from the Processmaker site and run that?
Also will i have to reinstall apache, and mysql once i uninstall the bitnami stack?
By amosbatto
Yes, just export to your new install.
If you want to do it in the same machine, you can leave your Bitnami install and use different port numbers for the manual installations of Apache and MySQL.
Linux is generally better than Windows if you are running ProcessMaker in production with a lot of users.
By Bryont
ok so finally got processmaker community edition installed on windows.
i can login to PM but when i go to designer i am unable to import the files i had exported from my bitnami install.
i.e all my processes.
i am also unable to import my tables from my bitnami install.
i can create new ones but i really would rather not have to start all over.
am i missing some permission setting in apache?
i did the entire install manual no installers no stacks.
Apache/2.4.38 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1a PHP/7.1.26
with MySQL 5.6
it is quite possible i missed a link in a config file or something, as now that i have manually installed everything i can access PM using 127.0.0.1:83 but to access phpmyadmin or any other page in htdocs i have to use localhost:83/*
By Bryont
Bryont wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 pm ok so finally got processmaker community edition installed on windows.
i can login to PM but when i go to designer i am unable to import the files i had exported from my bitnami install.
i.e all my processes.
i am also unable to import my tables from my bitnami install.
i can create new ones but i really would rather not have to start all over.
am i missing some permission setting in apache?
i did the entire install manual no installers no stacks.
Apache/2.4.38 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1a PHP/7.1.26
with MySQL 5.6
it is quite possible i missed a link in a config file or something, as now that i have manually installed everything i can access PM using 127.0.0.1:83 but to access phpmyadmin or any other page in htdocs i have to use localhost:83/*
Update
i was able to transfer the file from bitnami install to apache and set the links like tou described.
doing that allowed me to load PM on the new apache install and have all my old processes.
Still unable to import processes or tables though.

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]