Questions and discussion about developing processes and programming in PHP, JavaScript, web services & REST API.
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already asked before creating a new topic. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums.
By Throwaway
Hello,

I'm fairly new to ProcessMaker and I seem to be stuck. Basically I want to allow the user/client to fill out a few Dynaforms with information, then I want them to be able to look over / review their answers as a PDF export. There are about 10 forms but I would want to consolidate all of the forms into 1 PDF export if possible and if not then allow them each to be downloaded or uploaded if they maybe wanted to fill it out on paper and then send it to the process instead. It would then go to a manger for review.

-> Client Intake
-> Client file review/document upload or download
-> Manager Review

I've done some review forms in the tutorials but not on a hefty scale, what would be the best way to do this? If this is too much, is it possible to have PM automatically create an input form of the Dynaform/information entered without uploading anything?

Thanks,
By amosbatto
You can create a single large Output Document (which exports as DOC or/and PDF format) which contains the variables from multiple DynaForms. You can add page breaks to the Output Document if you need it to be 10 pages long. You can can create a task in your process for a manager to review the Output Document. See Departments and the "Reports To" assignment rule if needing to assign the task to a user's department manager or you can use Process Supervisors.
By Throwaway
amosbatto wrote:You can create a single large Output Document (which exports as DOC or/and PDF format) which contains the variables from multiple DynaForms. You can add page breaks to the Output Document if you need it to be 10 pages long. You can can create a task in your process for a manager to review the Output Document. See Departments and the "Reports To" assignment rule if needing to assign the task to a user's department manager or you can use Process Supervisors.
Would there be any way to make it an instant/exact copy of the filled out Dynaform? I have around 15 different forms.
By amosbatto
You have to manually create the Output Document using the variables that were filled in the DynaForms.

There is no way to create an Output Document that looks exactly like a DynaForm, but you can add HTML <input> code to your Output Document to make it look like a form. See: http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/Output ... orm_fields

You can create one large Output Document to review and also create many smaller Output Documents. If you want the documents to be generated in a trigger, see PMFGenerateOutputDocument().
By Throwaway
amosbatto wrote:You have to manually create the Output Document using the variables that were filled in the DynaForms.

There is no way to create an Output Document that looks exactly like a DynaForm, but you can add HTML <input> code to your Output Document to make it look like a form. See: http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/Output ... orm_fields

You can create one large Output Document to review and also create many smaller Output Documents. If you want the documents to be generated in a trigger, see PMFGenerateOutputDocument().
Thanks for the information.

Sorry for the confusion, and I have one last question :)

Could you explain the steps that I would take to create a timer event that will wait for 1 day and then will continue to check to see if the date entered in a calendar ui php was met? I believe I have to use a script task but I'm a little confused on where to start, basically it will set a timer to wait for a day but then it should be checking every day to see if the selected day was met to continue the process or to continue waiting.

Thanks for all the help.
By amosbatto
Throwaway wrote: Could you explain the steps that I would take to create a timer event that will wait for 1 day and then will continue to check to see if the date entered in a calendar ui php was met? I believe I have to use a script task but I'm a little confused on where to start, basically it will set a timer to wait for a day but then it should be checking every day to see if the selected day was met to continue the process or to continue waiting.
You can create a process like this:
WaitUntilDateProcess.png
WaitUntilDateProcess.png (12.27 KiB) Viewed 6154 times
Where the exclusive gateway has the following routing rules:
conditionsAfterDueDate.png
conditionsAfterDueDate.png (23.58 KiB) Viewed 6154 times
You can download the sample process here to play with it:
(43.34 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Remember that your server has to periodically execute the timereventcron.php file for the intermediate timer event to work correctly.
By Throwaway
amosbatto wrote:
Throwaway wrote: Could you explain the steps that I would take to create a timer event that will wait for 1 day and then will continue to check to see if the date entered in a calendar ui php was met? I believe I have to use a script task but I'm a little confused on where to start, basically it will set a timer to wait for a day but then it should be checking every day to see if the selected day was met to continue the process or to continue waiting.
You can create a process like this:
WaitUntilDateProcess.png
Where the exclusive gateway has the following routing rules:
conditionsAfterDueDate.png
You can download the sample process here to play with it:
check_if_due_date-1.pmx
Remember that your server has to periodically execute the timereventcron.php file for the intermediate timer event to work correctly.
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]