Ask questions about installing and configuring ProcessMaker 3
By Sighto
Happy with ProcessMaker on my local machine using the Bitnami installer, I followed the guides provided for manually installing it on Windows Server 2012 R2. The installation completed successfully but it's currently very slow. In the Designer bringing up a task's properties takes 6-7 seconds. Currently using MySQL 5.5.53, Apache 2.4.23, PHP 5.5.37, and ProcessMaker 3.1-community.

Where do you start when it comes to troubleshooting PM's performance? Not seeing any issues with the server itself.
Does the domain name or IP address match your server in the "DB_HOST", "DB_RBAC_HOST" and "DB_REPORT_HOST" in the shared/sites/workflow/db.php file?

Does it match the $dbHost, $dbRbacHost and $dbReportHost in the shared/sites/workflow/databases.php file?

Another thing to try is to copy the settings from your php.ini file from your Bitnami installation to the php.ini file in your manual installation. (Be sure to make a backup copy of the file before changing it.)

Also, do you have the ServerName set in your httpd.conf file?
By DANSOL
Hello,
I had a similar performance issue in the same enviroment. I don't know the reason, but in my case I fixed the problem changing "localhost" to 127.0.0.1 in this file "shared/sites/workflow/db.php" . Performance improved 50%. If you note the standard bitnami install is using 127.0.0.1
Daniele
By cosyxu
amosbatto wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:56 pm Does the domain name or IP address match your server in the "DB_HOST", "DB_RBAC_HOST" and "DB_REPORT_HOST" in the shared/sites/workflow/db.php file?

Does it match the $dbHost, $dbRbacHost and $dbReportHost in the shared/sites/workflow/databases.php file?

Another thing to try is to copy the settings from your php.ini file from your Bitnami installation to the php.ini file in your manual installation. (Be sure to make a backup copy of the file before changing it.)

Also, do you have the ServerName set in your httpd.conf file?
Hi Amo,

I tried the way you mentioned above.

But it doesn't work. It seems whenever the page related to the database, the page will load very slow which takes 8-10 seconds.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Yuan
cosyxu wrote:I tried the way you mentioned above.

But it doesn't work. It seems whenever the page related to the database, the page will load very slow which takes 8-10 seconds.

What should I do?
If MySQL and ProcessMaker are installed in the same computer, then you can set "DB_HOST", "DB_RBAC_HOST" and "DB_REPORT_HOST" to "127.0.0.1" in the shared/sites/{workspace}/db.php file and set $dbHost, $dbRbacHost and $dbReportHost to "127.0.0.1" in the shared/sites/{workspace}/databases.php file.

Then, login to MySQL as the root user and follow these instructions to create a duplicate user in MySQL who uses the host 127.0.0.1.
By cosyxu
Hi Amo,

I followed the instruction you provided, but the slowness issue still exist whenever I click the admin tag or some database related( about 10s). :!:

I am running PM 3.3.5 on Windows Server 2016.

Is there any other way that I can test to identify where the issue is?

Thanks,
Yuan
Try setting:
debug_sql=1
in your env.ini file and then go look at the log file to figure out what is slowing it down.

If that doesn't tell you anything, try turning on the slow_query_log in MySQL to figure out what is taking so long.

Yuan, if you are paid client, you can ask the support team to login to your server and take a look at it. Sometimes this is a DNS problems, where the server is having trouble translating a domain name. I have seen servers where even translating "localhost" to "127.0.0.1" took time. Usually it is a matter of configuring the server correctly.
By the way, how many cases do you have in your database? If you create a new workspace and then reboot to clear all the RAM being used by MySQL, does your database speed up?
If it does, then it isn't a DNS translation problem, and you need to do the things that I explained in a previous post, like switch to Nginx, install more RAM, and using multiple servers, etc.
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]