Share ideas, ask questions, and get feedback about developing for ProcessMaker
Forum rules: Please post new questions under "Developing processes & programming" for ProcessMaker 2 or 3.
By amform
Hello,
I have a question from what database the sub-process "dynaform" reads the data? I was trying to trigger a task inside a sub-process, but I couldn't because
that task didn't pop up from the sub-process list where you select the processes. Can I add a task or process in that database?
Thanks for the help.
Regards.
By amosbatto
In order to select a task, it must be a starting task in the sub-process. Remember that a process can have multiple starting tasks, so add as many as you need to your subprocess.
By amform
Thanks amosbatto,
But in this case the task I wanted to select was the last one inside the sub flow. To be more specific I was tying to trigger a task manually form an 'administrator task' but when I try to select that specific task inside the sub flow (not the starting task) I couldn't. I wonder if all the processes that appear in the sub task 'window' list are from a database of the PM, and if it is possible to add task to that database to be pop up in the sub task window. Sorry if it is a little confusing my question.
thanks.
By amosbatto
amform,
You can add a start event to the last task in your subprocess:
ManyStartingTasksInSubprocess.png
ManyStartingTasksInSubprocess.png (11.36 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
That way you can select it as the Starting Task in the "Subprocess Properties" dialog box. If you mark the option "This is a sub-process" in the Properties of the subprocess, then users won't be able to start new cases in the subprocess, except as part of a case which starts from the master process.
By amform
Thanks amosbatto, very clever solution.
Now I have a a few different questions:
1. If I want to upgrade my actual version of PM the default database will upgrade too, or I need to upgraded separably?
2. If I upgrade the PM the flows created in my current version will be save in the same directory (workflow)?
3. There is some browser condition for the newest versions of PM?
Thanks for your help.
Regards.
By amosbatto
amform,
You need to follow the upgrade procedure on the wiki. The last step is to use the ./processmaker upgrade command which upgrades the database to match the new code.
In the upgraded version, there will be no change in the file locations.
See the list of supported browsers: http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/Supported_Browsers
The biggest problem is that PM 3.0.1.8 requires PHP 5.5.33 or later, so you might have to upgrade PHP.

A 1xBet clone script replicates the functionalitie[…]

BetMGM clone script is a ready-made software solut[…]

An Aviator clone script is a pre-built software so[…]

Download Processmaker version 3.8.3

Hi there, I have 3.5.7, 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 versi[…]