Share ideas, ask questions, and get feedback about developing for ProcessMaker
Forum rules: Please post new questions under "Developing processes & programming" for ProcessMaker 2 or 3.
By blokje
Hello,

I have a problem. we are an International company and we have employees without a firstname (yes that is at least possible in Indonesia).
Is there any way to accomplish this? The Rest API refuses the create the user (as by design).
Tried a space but that is also not accepted.

(We use version 3.0)

Hans
By andreaadamczyk
Hello blokje,

Currently, ProcessMaker does not support this kind of user creation, but you could first create a user with a number or another nonspecial character instead of a first name.

I have created a user that has a number instead of a first name and it worked fine.

You can also modify the tables RBAC_USERS and USERS in the database, setting the first name as an empty string after the creation of the users.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards.
By amosbatto
blokje,
If you are using the createUser() web service, then edit workflow/engine/classes/class.wsBase.php:1150 and change from:
Code: Select all
            if (empty( $firstName )) {
To:
            if (empty( $firstName ) and empty($lastName)) {
If you are using the POST /user REST endpoint to create the user, then edit workflow/engine/src/ProcessMaker/BusinessModel/User.php:9 and change from:
        "USR_FIRSTNAME"        => array("type" => "string", "required" => true,  "empty" => false, "defaultValues" => array(),                                               "fieldNameAux" => "usrFirstname"),
To:
        "USR_FIRSTNAME"        => array("type" => "string", "required" => true,  "empty" => true, "defaultValues" => array(),                                               "fieldNameAux" => "usrFirstname"), 
After making those changes, it should be possible to create a user whose first name is an empty string.

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]