Share ideas, ask questions, and get feedback about developing for ProcessMaker
Forum rules: Please post new questions under "Developing processes & programming" for ProcessMaker 2 or 3.
By Pradeep
Hi..!

Is it possible to create an automated task in processmaker.

In my case I have two parallel tasks Task1 and Task2,
and User1 will be assigned to Task1 and User2 will be assigned to Task2
User1 will enter information from a scanned copy in Task1 and User2 will enter the same information from the same scanned copy in Task2 and if the information entered by both the users match I will close the case otherwise do some special processing. If we have an automatic task(say Task3) I would then assign Task1 and Task2 to Task3 using parallel join and have some triggers to check the condition and close the case if information matches other wise raise an error.
Can this be acheived in Processmaker.

Thanks
Pradeep Maddireddy
By amosbatto
If you have a process that looks like the attached image, then call a trigger when you get to task 4, which will examine all the data from task 2 and task 3 and make sure whether they match. If they match have it set a case variable @=DataMatch to TRUE. If the data doesn't match, set @=DataMatch to FALSE. Then in the evaluation derivation rule which follows step 4 put the condition: @=DataMatch == TRUE
which leads to an end of the process.
Have another condition: @=DataMatch == FALSE
which leads to more tasks.
Attachments
datamatches.png
datamatches.png (8.77 KiB) Viewed 7087 times
By Pradeep
This is exactly how my process looks, but will it be possible to automate Task4 (no user intervention) using
PMFDerivateCase

I tried using a After Derivate trigger for both Task2 and Task3 and used PMFDerivateCase function in the trigger to derivate the case from Task4 to next level but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in Advance,

Pradeep Maddireddy
By amosbatto
Try calling derivateCase() after the last step in tasks 2 and 3 to automatically move to task 4 and then calling derivateCase() again to get to the evaluation rule. Which function did you use? web services derivateCase()/routeCase(), PMFDerivateCase() or wsDerivateCase() ?
By Pradeep
I used PMFDerivateCase function in the AfterDerivateTrigger of Task2 and Task3. I think this will work only when Task2,Task3 and Task4 are assigned to the same user but in my case Task2 and task3 are assigned to different users.
By avit99
Hello ALL!

I have the same question.
How can i achieve automated (with no user intervention) task processing?
Unfortunately in above posts i can't find answer.
By avit99
Ok, all of these require a logged in user.
My question is not about any things that can be automated in task steps.
How can i construct a task which is fully automated, i.e is executed by server from begin to end and is not assigned to any user?
This is needed primary to automate flow direction.
Thanks.
By amosbatto
All actions in a ProcessMaker process have to be done by some user--that is the idea of Role-Based Access Control. It would be a really bad idea to have actions performed which aren't assigned to someone. Can you imagine the security nightmare if anyone could do any kind of work in your organization?

The PMF...() functions use the already logged in user. The web services functions require that you login as a particular user, but it is a scripted login so it doesn't it doesn't require any physical user action.
By avit99
amosbatto wrote:It would be a really bad idea to have actions performed which aren't assigned to someone. Can you imagine the security nightmare if anyone could do any kind of work in your organization?
Really so bad? I think that task sequence is controlled by flow algorithm described in editor and if any branch is activated then this activation was done in past by user in previous tasks. If user can select flow direction then it is permitted to him by admin. So where is here the security nightmare?
amosbatto wrote: The web services functions require that you login as a particular user, but it is a scripted login so it doesn't it doesn't require any physical user action.
OK, so can i achive my goal in the following way:
1. After completing first traditional task (human-controlled) i move to second ("automated") task.
2. A trigger is executed before assigning user to second task. Trigger code automatically logins to the system using a dedicated account and executes some commands.
3. At end of trigger a derivate() function is called to automatically move to thrid task (human or system-controlled).

Is this correct?

Temu New user DIscount code Using Temu's DIscount […]

By using the Temu coupon code [acu600079], you can[…]

Yes, the Temu Coupon Code "aci384098" or[…]

Yes, the Temu Coupon Code "aci384098" do[…]