Share ideas, ask questions, and get feedback about developing for ProcessMaker
Forum rules: Please post new questions under "Developing processes & programming" for ProcessMaker 2 or 3.
By atissot
Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing a very amazing problem with the single quote in a text field ...

If you enter a string with a single quote, like "Really, I'm the best", you store THIS string in the database,
If you build the case title with this string, you have the entire string.

But, when you display the case,the field contains only the string before the quote => only "Really I" ...

This behaviour doesn't happen in a text area ....

I'm developping on a Windows platform, with the standard PM installation (version 1.2-2552)

Have you any idea ?
Thanks

Andre Tissot.
By mathew
Hello dear
Actually I have not good command of any language but i was learn before 2 years,so I think double quotation and space are not valid and its count just that value which is before quotation,if you have doubt you can search your query on Google.
Thanks
By amosbatto
MySQL treats single quotes as delimiters of strings, so you need to escape the single quote with a backslash. Put a backslash in front of the ' (single quote), so it becomes "Really, I\'m the best".

By the way, where are you using this string? In a DynaForm field? In executeQuery()?
By atissot
amosbatto wrote:MySQL treats single quotes as delimiters of strings, so you need to escape the single quote with a backslash. Put a backslash in front of the ' (single quote), so it becomes "Really, I\'m the best".

By the way, where are you using this string? In a DynaForm field? In executeQuery()?
Hi amosbatto, I expereince this problem in a Dynaform text field.
But, in a Dynaform TextArea field, it workxs properly.
So, I'd replaced the text fields by a single line text area field, and it works.

Thnak for your answer.

Andre Tissot
By amosbatto
Andre, I just checked out how the case data is stored in wf_<WORKSPACE>.APPLICATION.APP_DATA in version 1.2-2865. DynaForm text fields store the phrase "Really, I'm the best" without needing the escape the ' with a backslash and text is stored correctly in the case variable. I stuck the phrase in a case title by right clicking on the task in the processmap, selecting properties and then going to the Case Labels tab. I see no problem when I stick "Really, I'm the best" in the label or when I use a @@variable or @#variable which contains "Really, I'm the best" in the Case Title. Can you tell me your exact steps to see this problem.
By atissot
Regarding the version, I'd kept the 2552, because the 2885 gives some small warning, and I have to deliver in a few days, and I can't check these problems.

So, I work on the 2552.

The problem is ONLY with the field :
-The case title is good, and the field stroed in the DB is good.
Just, the display in the text field in truncated after the single quote ...

André

Use the latest verified Temu coupon $100 off ([acq[…]

To get $100 off, sign up as a new user using refer[…]