Questions and discussion around ProcessMaker 2 documentation
Friends,

I have spent the last 3 weeks installing, printing wiki pages from copy/pasted documents in MSWord, running cases from some of the sample ones provided by ProcessMaker .. and I am still only barely understanding setting up a case that runs without errors.

The biggest problems that I am struggling with are:

1. Assigning certain tasks to only the user who started the case. I have looked in depth at the "Credit Card Application" provided online by the ProcessMaker folks. I looked at every task, every Dynaform, every upload setting, everything .. and noticed that in this example:
a. No user rights were assigned - This is a tough one for me to learn. How do I set this up so that certain tasks are automatically assigned to whoever started the case?
b. the process failed because no email notification message section was filled in. I figure this out and added some text.
2. How can I automate the creation of folders that are case specific? I want a new set of folders to be created that will be used exclusively for the documents from that case.
3. What is the best way to get the documents uploaded/created off the site and down to the LAN environment in my office. After all, since my main reason for using process maker is to automate what we used to do on paper, I still want some documentation (digital, in this case) when the process is complete. Is there a way to automatically email the documents that are in the folder created by the case?
4. How do I create a document of each of the Dynaforms? That information is pretty important and should also be saved (at the end of the case) to the files folder.
5. When the case is done and the files sent by email, can the case be deleted and the folder too?

When these questions are answered (and any that have answers can certainly provide them to me) I will be creating a manual for use by those wanting to walk their way through the work of building a process. ProcessMaker is a fantastic program. The possibilities are absolutely endless. This program has given my dry, boring Visio flowcharts something to sing about. In fact, I told a friend yesterday when he asked what ProcessMaker was that "It is like Visio on steroids!"

I want to heartily thank the programmers for this software. I will do everything that I can to get the word out about this great program. Thank you guys & gals for your diligent work on this software. If any writing that I can do will make it more useful for others and thus more successful for you folks, I am happy to do so!

Mike
Owner
www.mydataworks.net
I am facing similar problem. I am new to Process Maker and see many potentials that I use the software. However, I am finding it very difficult to find any guide on the net that can show me some sample on how I can develop using the software. I have seen the many video available that shows you in specific on each topic, but I am at a lost at how it all strings together and how the users can run the apps. I am basically, looking at development 101 on Process Maker, where a beginner like me can learn to do some simple flow. Perhaps an example or guide that shows a simple flow below:

1. data entry form (perhaps with just 3 fields
2. once the user has entered the data, it will route to a 2nd person, where the person will approve
3. once the 2nd person has approve, the next process will just print the report that contains the 3 fields.

Appreciate if I can get some sample above and perhaps the next guid is how I can store the information onto the database will be fantastic.

Thanks

Jeffery
I need that guide, too.

I am trying to evaluate PM quickly. It Looks like an amazing product, but the online videos are not going to get me started.
I need a Getting Started guide that will walk me, step by step, through a couple cases, touching most elements of the system.

That doesn't exist today?
Sorry for the delay guys, I'm on may way to write basic documentation. Hope by the end of this week I'll finish it, anyway if you have some suggestions or something to be included on the guide just let me know please.

Best Regards :)
liliana wrote:Sorry for the delay guys, I'm on may way to write basic documentation. Hope by the end of this week I'll finish it, anyway if you have some suggestions or something to be included on the guide just let me know please.

Best Regards :)
How will I know the guide is available? Thank you.
Any update on when the Step By Step guide might be available?

I just don't get how incomplete the docs are. The wiki is good but it's a Reference - not an initial learning guide / tutorial.

There are all kinds of videos and webinars - but None of them do anything completely. All of them are disorganized
streams of Bits of information.

Couldn't someone have taken a couple of the pre-defined processes that are available for download and walk through them step by step - without skipping steps - on a video. It would have taken somebody in your company an afternoon, and it would save new users hundreds of hours of frustration reverse engineering this stuff.
I would like to underline the post below.
Unless I am missing it, a step-by-step guide is absent but would be very useful.
Have any of the manuals mentioned above been completed?

FrankRMK wrote:Any update on when the Step By Step guide might be available?

I just don't get how incomplete the docs are. The wiki is good but it's a Reference - not an initial learning guide / tutorial.

There are all kinds of videos and webinars - but None of them do anything completely. All of them are disorganized
streams of Bits of information.

Couldn't someone have taken a couple of the pre-defined processes that are available for download and walk through them step by step - without skipping steps - on a video. It would have taken somebody in your company an afternoon, and it would save new users hundreds of hours of frustration reverse engineering this stuff.
Hello mjwillyone, jeffrey, lilliana, FrankRMK, Optiken,

I am in the same boat.

Built process. Added Dynaform with grid form. Did some CSS and JavaScript
customizations to show off the features and possibilities of ProcessMaker
so a demo of proof of concept could be done for brass.

So now ready to add Steps to the first Task, something like ‘Clicking Submit button on
form sends form to DL_LHP_SYS group and requests acknowledgement’.

But the meager documentation at
http://wiki.processmaker.com/index.php/ ... ning_Steps
is assuming a lot of facts not in evidence.

Specifically when Adding a Step to a Task the Task is right clicked and
the "Steps' option chosen. The a dialogue box named
Steps of theNameOfTheTask appears
and the 'New' link is clicked. The result is a dialogue box titled
'New Step, with columns 'Title', Type', and 'Mode'. Under the 'Title'
column is the text 'No records found'. But there does not seem to be
any way to add anything here. One can right click on the column
titles bar and a drop down with check boxes for 'Title' 'Type', 'Mode'
and 'Assign' become available. The 'Assign' check box is not checked.
One expects, when the 'Assign' check box is checked that it will appear
on the titles bar because the other three column titles are checked and
they appear and the column title that is not checked, 'Assigned' does
not appear. But when the 'Assign check box is checked 'Type' and
'Mode slide to the right but Assign does not appear.

So I am stuck. I need to add a Step to the Task.

Any Ideas?

Allen Pitts
LHP Hospital Group
Hi allenpitts,

Adding a step into a task is something really easy, as the documentation explains, you have to create your dynaforms, output or input, otherwise you won't have any available step to add.

To assign the step, select the task when the step will be assigned then right click on the task and you will find step option, select it and then you will have a window with a new button at the left side of the window, click there and you will able to see all you dynaforms, inputs and outputs created in that specific process, select the ones you need to assign into the task.

Let me know it this explanation is clear to you

Regards.
Hi Everyone,

Talking about the step by step guide, I'm continuing working on it, I was planning to have it by the end of this year, but maybe it cannot be possible; however, it doesn't mean there won't be a step by step guide.

Hope by the end of this year I will able to tell you the exact date of its release.

Regards,
liliana wrote:Hi Everyone,

Talking about the step by step guide, I'm continuing working on it, I was planning to have it by the end of this year, but maybe it cannot be possible; however, it doesn't mean there won't be a step by step guide.

Hope by the end of this year I will able to tell you the exact date of its release.

Regards,

Hi,
Is this document complete?
Please share.
Thank You,

Regards,
Bhargava
dipolediamond,
I hope your book does well. From the index, it looks like it covers all the basics, which is very helpful for beginners.
I see that the book is listed as 80% complete. When do your anticipate finishing it? When you finish it, please post about it and I will copy your post to the Announcements section of the forum, so more people will see it.
--Amos
hi every one
I search for manual or table catalogue to help me query data from PM database.In other word when you want to write sql to retrieve data from database, you must to know names of tables that contain appropriate information. Also we must familiar with database model and table relationships.
Last edited by bYazdaani on Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dipolediamond wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:11 am Here's a link to a beginner's book I am putting together to help people get started with ProcessMaker

Hope it helps someone.
dipolediamond
I read your book
It's good and useful and covers beginner topic.
For developer who need to know structure of database, relation between tables, pk or fg key of tables and ....etc.
in other words for someone who need to know data user entry in db, saved in which table, or how and from what table with sql we can retrieve data.
For example, we need to know id of the last "case" where canceled .
For this, witch table must query? Now and after many search found the table name, it's---> "application".
Is there any book, forums, wiki or whatever that can help me.
Sorry for my bad English.
regard

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]