Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker 2: user interface, running cases and functionality
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already been asked before posting. Please don't ask the same question in multiple forums.
By geraldegivens
Dear All

We created few cases, however, after years of using PM, user are experiencing very slow when they open a case to approve , I wonder it was due to the content of the dynamix form ? It happen to approval step, the loading bar show loading and hardly can open to approve . What went wrong ?
By amosbatto
Impossible to say without more information.
Did you change anything recently on your server running PM?
Did you change the domain name or IP so it is taking longer to resolve the name or implemented a new firewall or something else in your network?
What version of PM?
What operating system?
What processor on your server?
How much RAM on the server?
How many cases in PM? (last case number)
Do you have a separate server for MySQL, and if so, processor and how much RAM?
By hmxDavid
Hello again Amos,

Same here, we are experiencing sluggish performance of our PM 2.8. When I try to look at the problem, I have noticed that the PM has a lot of MySQL queries for counting number of cases in Inbox, Draft, Unassigned, etc. No changes in the config etc.

By the way, Im using APACHE + MySQL + PM 2.8
By amosbatto
hmxDavid wrote:Same here, we are experiencing sluggish performance of our PM 2.8. When I try to look at the problem, I have noticed that the PM has a lot of MySQL queries for counting number of cases in Inbox, Draft, Unassigned, etc. No changes in the config etc.
The case lists in the Community Edition slow down a lot when there are a large number of cases in the database.
The database in the Enterprise Edition has been optimized so that case lists will load faster without having to count the number of cases every time.
Switching to the Enterprise Edition will improve performance. If you don't want to do that, you can add RAM, upgrade to a faster CPU or move the database to a separate server, but check how your server is using resources first to see if that makes sense. The other solution is to delete old cases from the database. (The Enterprise Edition has a case archiver for that purpose.)
By hmxDavid
Actually, we have upgraded our CPU, RAM, and move the Database to a separate server. What is odd is, our server utilization is around 37%. Any optimization that I need to check?
By amosbatto
It is slower after you moved to a new server? I have seen strange problems like that when the server wasn't resolving its hostname correctly, so each database call took longer.

However, the counting problem in the APP_CACHE_VIEW table will be solved by upgrading to the Enterprise Edition.
By hmxDavid
Thanks Amos. By the way, if we are using the community 3.2 version, is this problem would still exist?
By amosbatto
I don't know whether the database is faster or slower in PM 3.2 Community compared to PM 2.8 Community, but in both versions the number of cases is recounted every time the user loads a case list under the HOME menu.
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]