Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker 2: user interface, running cases and functionality
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already been asked before posting. Please don't ask the same question in multiple forums.
By chintzz
Hi,

Can anybody explain in steps the entire life cycle of development of a Process Maker application.

Below is my understanding, please correct me if im wrong anywhere.

1) Download Process Maker latest software
2) Install
3) Develop Process Design (need more clarity here) :roll:
4) Create user names for user groups created in step 3
5) I`m not very much clear from here :?: ... Do i need to install in it server now? When actually server comes into picture? After complete development of application?
6) Give URL to my end users to start application.

Can anyone explain the life cycle in step wise and sub step wise please.
I will be very pleased.

Thank You,

Regards,
Bhargava
By liliana
Hi chintzz,

The following steps are the basics to start with ProcessMaker:

1. Download current stable version.
2. Install it depending on the distribution you are using, you can install it in your laptop if you are going to use by yourself. If you want your users use it, it is better to install it on a server (strongly recommended since users may manipulate a lot of information and you need space and good performance), then the URL can be distributed amongst your users
3. You have to know exactly the process you want to design, also forms and users involved on each one of them, then start creating your tasks according to the flow you defined previously. Define also if your process will have routing rules and. Finally connect them.
4. Create your Dynaforms, output and input documents, depending on your process requirements.
5. Start creating groups and users, and assign those users in their respective groups.
6. Assign your Dynaforms, input and/or output in your tasks depending on your process design
7. Assign users to your tasks.
8. Start a case with the user assigned into your first task

If you need any additional explanation just let me know.

Regards,
By chintzz
So, If i want to give a demo in my laptop. Is it still require to install in a server?

What i`m thinking is to develop in my laptop the entire application and give a demo by logging in as different users and showing the entire floew.
Still i need a server installation?

Please help.

Thank You,

Regards,
Bhargava
By chintzz
liliana wrote:In that case you don't need a server, you can work in your laptop without any problems :)

Now, If i want to my server in cloud?
I think Process Maker provides cloud services via Amazon cloud?

Now, if i use cloud services then how it is going to work?

Please explain in detail.
Thank You,

Regards,
Bhargava
By SofiiaSs
Hi Bhargava,

Absolutely, I'd be happy to help you with the life cycle of developing a Process Maker application in more detail. Here's a step-wise breakdown:

Download and Install Process Maker:
Begin by downloading the latest version of Process Maker.
Install the software on your machine.

Process Design:
Define the processes you want to automate using the Process Maker graphical interface.
Design workflows, forms, and business rules according to your requirements.

User Management:
Create user groups and assign roles.
Generate usernames for individuals or groups who will interact with the application.

Server Setup:
Decide whether you want to host the application on a local server or a cloud server.
Install Process Maker on the chosen server. This step is usually performed after the initial development to ensure a stable environment.

Integration (if needed):
Integrate the Process Maker application with other systems or databases if required.

Testing:
Thoroughly test the application to ensure that it functions as expected.
Identify and resolve any issues or bugs.

Deployment:
Once testing is successful, deploy the application on the server.
Configure settings for optimal performance.

User Access:
Provide the URL to end users, allowing them to access and use the application.

Training and Documentation:
If necessary, conduct training sessions for end users.
Provide documentation to help users navigate and understand the application.

Maintenance and Updates:
Regularly monitor the application for any issues.
Implement updates and improvements as needed.

If you're interested in a broader perspective on software development life cycles, you might find this article on agile development life cycle insightful: https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/agile-sdlc/. It discusses Agile methodologies, which are widely used in the software development industry.

It's important to note that server installation typically comes after the initial development phase to ensure a smooth transition from development to deployment.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Cryptocurrency trading has become an increasingly […]

For an easy way to convert PST files to MBOX, I su[…]

You can easily convert MBOX files to PST using the[…]

A cryptocurrency exchange script is essentially pr[…]