Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker 2: user interface, running cases and functionality
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already been asked before posting. Please don't ask the same question in multiple forums.

Which version are you using flawless as a fresh install?

1.2 2467
50%
1.2 2425
No votes
0%
1.2 2372
No votes
0%
1.1 2153
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
None
50%
Other
No votes
0%
Hi,

I would like to thank the developers and everybody in community for bringing and maintaining such an bold product as PMOS.Having said that I find it frustrating not be able to use PMOS someway or another as a fresh installation. I have started evaluating and trying to experiment some actions with PMOS since 1.2 2372. Since then I haven't had a single day without either finding out a new show stopper issue which kept me waiting for weeks or trying to find a quirky workaround which I was able to find just 2 in the end.

So I would kindly ask the community to complete the poll below to let me and many others to have a better understanding which version to select before a more stable version comes out. By flawless I mean the basic operations like being able to;
• create, edit, export cases,
• create, edit, assign tasks,
• create, edit Dynaforms,
• create WebEntry Forms, WebTrackers and initate monitor cases with them,
• output input documents,

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Erkan
One of the problems is that ProcessMaker is a constantly evolving product. Unlike a standard proprietary program which only releases a new version once every 2 years, PMOS has a new version every couple weeks. People can't simply take data from one version and use it in another version of ProcessMaker. They can't do a fresh install of a new version of PMOS and then reuse their old data from an old version of ProcessMaker. Instead they have to successively apply patches to upgrade PMOS to the new version. Only then can they export their process and copy their data over to a fresh install of PMOS.

It is a very cumbersome process to successively apply patches to arrive at the desired version. What do you guys think about the idea of an option in the download page where people could enter their current version of PMOS and the version to which they want to upgrade? Then all the needed patches would automatically be bundled together as one file to download. The upgrader in PMOS could automatically detect the multiple patches and apply them in order.
The best strategy is to start with the latest version of PMOS in my opinion, since there are always new bug fixes. (I don't know of any show-stopper bugs in the latest version of PMOS.) But if you already have installed PMOS, you should apply the upgrade patches successively to get to the latest version.
See: http://wiki.processmaker.com/index.php/ ... ocessMaker
http://wiki.processmaker.com/index.php/ ... ocessMaker
I depended on the assumption that a fresh install would be safer than an update, which looks like to be the other way. And it also looks like sticking to the latest version is not the best thing to do. Because in my experience the latest 3 version seemed to lack some mandatory functionality blocked due to bugs that came with the latest versions.

Major one was where you were not able to assign a user to a task resulting a major obstacle to initiate a case. See: http://bugs.processmaker.com/view.php?id=3554 which was solved in 2425. Second one is about not being able to create a WebEntry at all. See: http://bugs.processmaker.com/view.php?id=3724 Thirdly one that disables you from creating and editing in a DynaForm. See: http://bugs.processmaker.com/view.php?id=3670 If these are not show-stoppers I don't know what is. And I really would like to know if these bugs were experienced by the upgrading users.
Bugs 3554 and 3670 should be fixed--let me know if you still have problems. As for bug 3724 creating WebEntry, could you please try it with the option "PHP Page with Web Services" option:
Right click on processmap, select "WebEntry", click "New", for "Method" select option "PHP Page with Web Services", then click "Generate Web Entry Page".
Then check if the 3 web entry files (<DYNAFORM-NAME>_Form.php, <DYNAFORM-NAME>_FormPost.php, wsClient.php) were created in the directory:
/opt/processmaker/shared/sites/<WORKSPACE>/public/<PROCESS_UID>/
If they weren't created, check if that directory has the permisions 777.
Nothing seems to be changed in the new version so I updated the note for bug 3724 in the mantis entry. Looking at its history, that bug had not been touched at all, so it is not a resolved issue anyway. Still adding weeks to my indefinite PM test.... :(
Hi Erkan,
I have been unable to reproduce bug 3724 on machines running PMOS 1.2-2552 on Windows XP SP2 and Cent OS 4. Web Entry works correctly on these machines. We have never tested PMOS on FreeBSD, so that may be the issue, or possibly some configuration issue with Apache.
hi fernando,

Sorry for getting back so late. But I feel like I ran out of alternatives with this frustrating problem of Processmaker not creating WebEntry forms. Yes I am using FF 3.5, IE 7.0, Google Chrome 3.0, Opera 10 and Safari. Actually I am positive about the fact that this is not a browser related issue, if you think it is please let me know. If you look at the forum you will see that this post is also about the same problem http://forum.processmaker.com/viewtopic ... 326&p=4316

So to sum up what kept me busy in the last week I took on the option that Apache or even the OS might have problems. To eliminate this factor I've started an Amazon EC2 account and creating instances at will. So far with Fedora Core 8 I experienced the same problem not being able to create a WebEntry form has the same problems, CentOS gave me problems in even on installation level, I have this strange error on the installation page with exactly the same error with this entry http://forum.processmaker.com/viewtopic ... ated#p3878 And actually nothing loads beneath this error. But I suspect this is due to PHP 5.3.0 I will be reverting back to an earlier PHP version and check there.

What is left so far is to give Ubuntu a try and then see how it works out. At this time if you have any tested AMI's from Amazon I would be more than happy to test with it or even have stable RPM that you guys rely on would be awesome. What I suspect is Processmaker relies on more settings of LAMP other than the ones stated in the Wiki. If you have any knowledge about it please let me know.

I still hope something will make it work.
hi all,

I actually lost all my hopes about making processmaker work with WebEntry forms on a fresh installation on any linux (Fedora, CentOs, Ubuntu and FreeBSD are tested). I believe there is a hidden magic more than what is explained in the documentation. Is there anybody actually using the OS version of this software, I wonder?

Good luck with the next year's nomination.
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]