Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker 2: user interface, running cases and functionality
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already been asked before posting. Please don't ask the same question in multiple forums.
By JarodC
Am I right in saying the system is really built around the inbox, i.e. it doesn't matter whether the next task is also assigned to the same user, that user will have to go back to the inbox each time, find the next task in that process and initiate it manually.

So for a process with three tasks that the user needs to perform, the steps would be:
1) New Case: ABC Process
2) Perform Task 1 in process
3) Go to inbox find task and start it
4) Perform Task 2 in process
5) Go to inbox find task and start it
6) Perform task 3 in process
7) Process complete

Is this right? Is there no way to check whether the next task is also assigned to the user and if so continue with the process?
This seems to really make it easier to start lots of things and not necessarily finish them before starting other things.
As a workaround you could combine all the tasks into one task (as lots of steps), but this really goes away from the BPMN modelling concept.

Am I missing something?
By amosbatto
OK, I finally figured out how to do this.

If you want to avoid having to press the "Continue" button at the end of the task, create the following trigger and set it to execute before assignment:
Code: Select all
PMFDerivateCase(@@APPLICATION, @%INDEX);
If you want to go directly to the next task without going to the inbox, then create the following trigger and set it to execute after routing:
Code: Select all
$caseId = @@APPLICATION;
$nextIndex = @%INDEX + 1;
G::header("Location:cases_Open?APP_UID=$caseId&DEL_INDEX=$nextIndex&action=draft");
die();

I have attached a sample process which shows how to do this.
(32.97 KiB) Downloaded 349 times

I can help you with the top solution to import OST[…]

If you have an email and want to open it in PST fo[…]

Coinbase clone software is a ready-to-go software […]

Today's real-life properties like homes and lands […]