Ask questions about installing and configuring ProcessMaker 4
By mahdiaction
hi
I ran version 4.7.1 from GitHub on Windows 10 with xamp.
Now the login form opens and after entering the username and password, it is not processed and I am returned to the login page without error.
What can this problem be?
By robert3erw
I have exactly the same issue when logging in with the admin password. (It's a new install that is the only user present.)

I think the username and password is correct
When I log in to the database and select from the users table I can see the field loggedin_at is updated with the current time everytime I login. This seems to suggest the username and password combo is correct.

It might be a config problem that keeps putting server back to login
There could be several reasons why you're encountering this issue with the login form not processing credentials and returning you to the login page without an error message. Here are some potential causes and steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

Incorrect credentials: Ensure you're entering the correct username and password. Check for any typos or capitalization errors.

Database connection issues: Verify that your XAMPP installation is properly configured and the database is running correctly. Check the XAMPP control panel to ensure MySQL/MariaDB is running.

Code errors: Review the login form code for any errors or inconsistencies. Check for missing or incorrect variables, database queries, or session handling.

CSRF protection: Check if CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) protection is enabled in your application. If so, make sure the CSRF token is properly generated and included in the login form submission.

Session issues: Verify that session handling is working correctly. Check if sessions are being started and stored properly.

Permissions: Ensure the web server has the necessary permissions to access the database and write to session files.

Browser cache: Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies to eliminate any cached data that might be causing the issue.

Third-party plugins or extensions: Disable any third-party plugins or extensions that might be interfering with the login process.

Server logs: Check the server logs for any error https://omegle.ws/ messages related to the login process. This might provide more clues about the root cause of the issue.

Testing with a different browser: Try logging in using a different https://shagle.download web browser to rule out any browser-specific compatibility issues.

If you've checked all of these potential causes and https://voojio.com/chatroom/omegle still can't https://ospeedtest.com/ resolve the issue, it might be helpful to seek assistance from the project's documentation or community forums.
Last edited by GimmickTadpade on Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By robert3erw
Thanks for the list of things to instigate. I will replay with my actions on each:

Incorrect credentials: Ensure you're entering the correct username and password. Check for any typos or capitalization errors.

I have verified this by trying both with correct and incorrect passwords.
When I use a correct password I can see the record in the user table is updated with last login date time. When I use the wrong credentials it is not. This leads me to conclude that this isn't the cause.

Database connection issues: Verify that your XAMPP installation is properly configured and the database is running correctly. Check the XAMPP control panel to ensure MySQL/MariaDB is running.
As I can see the login field updated in the database then I am assuming the database connection is working

Code errors: Review the login form code for any errors or inconsistencies. Check for missing or incorrect variables, database queries, or session handling.
I have used browser tools to look at the console log and no errors are appearing. I have also looked at network activity and I do not see any failed network calls. Instead I see the POST request to login which gets a 200 response then the page is immediately bounced back to the login
Also I have made no code changes to any part of the system at all. I am sure the login screen is working for others so it is not likely to be a coding error. - It feels like this response was written by some kind of computer system pretending to be intelligent but which in reality doesn't understand the question. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

CSRF protection: Check if CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) protection is enabled in your application. If so, make sure the CSRF token is properly generated and included in the login form submission.
I have seen these errors before. They appear in the browser tools console and they are not appearing

Session issues: Verify that session handling is working correctly. Check if sessions are being started and stored properly.
Not sure what this means in context of my question

Permissions: Ensure the web server has the necessary permissions to access the database and write to session files.
The web browser doesn't access the database. It calls the backend server which accesses the database.

Browser cache: Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies to eliminate any cached data that might be causing the issue.
I have tried this. Both clearing the cache and using an incognito window

Third-party plugins or extensions: Disable any third-party plugins or extensions that might be interfering with the login process.
I have no third party plugins or extensions

Server logs: Check the server logs for any error messages related to the login process. This might provide more clues about the root cause of the issue.
I have checked the php-fpm log and the stdout of the conatiner and no errors are appearing

Testing with a different browser: Try logging in using a different web browser to rule out any browser-specific compatibility issues.
I have tested with firefox.
By robert3erw
ok, I found my answer!!!!
(Well for now it's only giving me the next problem.)

The problem was SESSION_DOMAIN needed to be set to BLANK!!!!

When I installed I ran
Code: Select all
php artisan processmaker:install --no-interaction
with a bunch of pre-determined values.
I found that when I ran it in interactive mode manually typing in the values I got a different .env file.
The key difference I found was the auto version produced:
SESSION_DOMAIN=http://localhost
with this setting it did not work.
When I changed it to the version supplied by the manual version:
SESSION_DOMAIN=
It worked!!!!

So, one thing to add to the list of things to check if the login screen is just bouncing back to the login screen is make sure your session domain setting is correct.
It's frustrating that your ProcessMaker login form is not processing your username and password, returning you to the login page without any error message. Let's explore potential causes and solutions:

Possible Causes:

Incorrect Configuration:
Database connection: Verify the database connection details in your config.php file are accurate.
Session settings: Check if your session settings are configured correctly in config.php.
User authentication: Ensure the correct user authentication mechanism is configured.
Code Errors:
Custom code modifications: If you've made any custom code changes in your ProcessMaker installation, they could be causing conflicts.
Underlying bugs: There might be unknown bugs in the specific version (4.7.1) you're using.
Environmental Issues:
Permissions: Ensure the web server (XAMPP) has proper permissions to access files and folders.
Security software: Some security software might interfere with the login process.
Troubleshooting Steps:

Review Configuration:
Double-check your config.php file for any typos or inconsistencies.
Consult the ProcessMaker documentation for the correct configuration values.
If you're unsure about any settings, consider resetting them to default values.
Disable Custom Code:
If you've implemented custom code, try temporarily disabling it to see if the login issue persists.
This can help identify if the problem originates from your modifications.
Upgrade ProcessMaker:
Consider upgrading to a newer version of ProcessMaker, as it might address known bugs in your current version.
Before upgrading, back up your data and review the upgrade instructions carefully.
Check XAMPP:
Verify XAMPP is running correctly and the Apache service is active.
Ensure the appropriate ports are open and accessible.
Check XAMPP logs for any errors related to ProcessMaker.
Temporarily Disable Security Software:
Try temporarily disabling any antivirus or firewall software that might be interfering with the login process.
Re-enable it after testing to ensure it's not the main cause.
Seek Community Assistance:
Search online forums and communities dedicated to ProcessMaker for similar issues and solutions.
Contact ProcessMaker support for further assistance if the problem persists.
Additional Tips:

Clear browser cache and cookies.
Try using a different browser.
Review ProcessMaker logs for any relevant information.
Provide detailed information about your system configuration and error messages (if any) when seeking help online or from support.
By systematically investigating these potential http://koows.com/ causes and following the troubleshooting steps, you should be able to identify and https://chatspin.download resolve the issue with your https://chatrandom.download ProcessMaker https://chatspin.download login form. Remember, patience and a methodical approach are key to successful troubleshooting.
Last edited by TingxoGamchu on Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Tomjehn
Here are a few possible causes and troubleshooting steps you can try:

Incorrect Username or Password: Double-check that you are entering the correct username and password. Make sure there are no typos or extra spaces.

Database Connection Issue: Verify that your XAMPP server is running and properly configured. Check if the database connection settings in your application are correct, including the host, port, username, and password.

Session or Cookie Problem: If the login form uses sessions or cookies for authentication, ensure that they are being set and read correctly. Check if your browser is blocking cookies or if there are any issues with session management.

Error Handling: Review your code to ensure that error handling is implemented correctly. Check if there are any error messages or logs that can provide more information about the issue.

Debugging: Enable debugging mode or error reporting in your application to get more detailed error messages. This can help identify the specific problem causing the login failure.

Compatibility Issues: Ensure that the version of the application you are using is compatible with your Windows 10 and XAMPP environment. Check for any known compatibility issues or updates for the application.
robert3erw wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:07 pm ok, I found my answer!!!!
(Well for now it's only giving me the next problem.)

The problem was SESSION_DOMAIN needed to be set to BLANK!!!!

When I installed I ran
php artisan processmaker:install --no-interaction
with a bunch of pre-determined values.
I found that when I ran it in interactive mode manually typing in the values I got a different .env file.
The key difference I found was the auto version produced:
SESSION_DOMAIN=http://localhost
with this setting it did not work.
When I changed it to the version supplied by the manual version:
SESSION_DOMAIN=
It worked!!!!

So, one thing to add to the list of things to check if the login screen is just bouncing back to the login screen is make sure your session domain setting is correct.
How did you install it in Windows?

We prioritize customer safety and satisfaction, wh[…]

Looking to order Percocet online? Xanaxgeneric.com[…]

For MBOX to Outlook conversion, try the Betavare […]

Hi, thank you for your response, we proceeded with[…]