Ask questions about your install or get help installing and configuring ProcessMaker 2
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to install ProcessMaker using a PostgreSQL database as a central repository instead of a MySQL database. I know I can access PostgreSQL databases in runtime, but since my server doesn't have MySQL but IBM DB2 and PostgreSQL I would like to use PostgreSQL for the application's repository instead.

I this hasn't been done before, does any body know if it would be relatively easy to make it work (just changing the SQL syntax here and there) and some configuration?

I've seen processmaker/workflow/engine/data contains directories for mysql, mssql, pgsql and oracle. All of them have a squema.sql script except pgsql which is the one I'm interested in. Is this some work in progress? Can I help get the schema in pgsql done? can I use Oracle's schema file for pgsql?

I didn't find anything in the documentation that suggests ProcessMaker can be installed using a database other than MySQL 4.1.2 or greater but these folders, at least for me, suggest work has been done towards what I'm looking for.

Thank you very much,

Mauricio
ika wrote:ProcessMaker will run with PostgreSQL. No changes are required in the code. See here for more details.
http://wiki.processmaker.com/index.php/ ... onnections
Thanks for your answer ika.

I'm probably confused about the concepts here, but I thought those "Database Connections" were used to enhance the functionality of your workflows. I'm definitely looking into doing that, but this question was regarding the installation of ProcessMaker itself. To be more specific, for each workspace you create, ProcessMaker will create 3 databases: wf_<workspace>, rb_<workspace> and rp_<workspace>. I want those databases created in a PostgreSQL database, not in a MySQL database.

Is that possible? I don't think the document you suggest works for that, or am I missing something here?.

Thanks again,

Mauricio
you are right Mauricio, the link above is about the dbconnections to extend and integrate PM with other DBs.

we don't tried PM running over Postgres yet, but if you want to start, you need to modify the db.php file and change the server, and database from "mysql" to "pgsql"

In theory, if you have the same three databases created in Postgres and if you made the correct changes in the db.file PM will work.
Because we are using propel like the Database Access Layer.

Please let us know if you are trying and if you found issues related to propel and postgres.
Mauricio, have you made the changes in the db.file Fernando told you?????. I've the same situation as you
Tell me about it please, i'm new with PM but i've my servers with Postgres. For the moment i'm testing in a workstation, but i'd like to install it in my servers with Postgres.

thanks a lot,

my best regards
Erick
we found some errors in specific querys we send directly to the database, but we fixed it.

but we dont test the whole application yet.
I hope somebody can help us to test, and log the querys needed to change. And then we can commit these changes to the trunk repository to share with community Processmaker running over Postgres.
darkstar wrote:We are working in it and when we need a news we will tell you :)
Are there any news on the integration of PM with PostgreSQL as the central backend? With this feature available we would immediately start using PM.
Is this filed in your bug tracker already so we can keep track of it?
We could potentially contribute some code for this development. If this helps you, please give us some guidance on where to start and what to watch out for - best in your bug tracker.
If you want to implement it, start with the file db.php and work your way back through the code. (Sorry, I can't give you more guidance because I'm not one of the developers.) We are always happy to get new code. If you figure out how to get it to work, feel free to post your code here or send it to me at amos AT colosa DOT com
Hi,

can somebody please tell me the current state of the discussion?
Are there any news on the integration of PM with Postgres?
We are also very interested in using Postgres instead of MySQL.

Thanks
Because i want to connect the Process maker to my geographic Information system which works on Postgres. Also as Postgres is better at handling the geographic data than MySQL. Are you Guys planning to add this flexibility to processmaker in future ? Or is this facility available through Enterprise support ?
abhijitgujar,
It is very unlikely that PM will ever run on any database except MySQL without a major rewrite. The developers attempted to change the PM 2 code to run on top of SQLServer and they encountered so many problems that they decided it was not worth the effort.

I recommend that you create a script that copies the data from PM Report Tables to PosgreSQL and run it every night. Another option is to create a database connection in PM to your PostgreSQL database and add triggers to your processes that use executeQuery to write case data to your PostgreSQL database.

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]

Experience heightened pleasure with Cenforce 100 M[…]

Get an instant solution to move emails to MBOX for[…]

Most Demanding OST to PST Converter

The most demanding OST to PST Converter is TrijaT[…]