Ask questions about your install or get help installing and configuring ProcessMaker 2
By mbakri
is ther a way to speed up the performance of processmaker, i installed it on a windows 2003 enterprise server, with 12 GB RAM. we also fine tuned initial configuration of mysql but still the system is slow, especially in Dynaform when we have dependent fields ie is hanging for around 40 seconds when focus comes to a field that has a dependant field.
By amosbatto
Are you using data from a remote database with a really slow connection to populate your dependent fields? 40 seconds is horrible. Are you using an inner join which returns the data from thousands of records? What happens if you try and do the same query directly in the database. How long does it take? The question is whether ProcessMaker is the problem or whether you should change your query to be more efficient?
By mbakri
the query is a simple select statment, which populates a drop down list based on the selection of a second drop down list . we also are facing the same delay in a grid field, where we have three fields the value in the the third field is the (field1*field2), IE freezes for around 15 seconds when trying to input in it, I am sure that there is a performsnce issue in the software, or it did something wrong during installation
By amosbatto
I have seen all sorts of weird behavior with internet explorer 5 and 6 because its JavaScript doesn't conform to the W3C standard. Internet Explorer 7 and 8 are better but they still don' t conform totally to W3C. Could you please try using FireFox, and let me know if you see the same problem.
By mbakri
i used firfox today, some bugs disappeared, but still it is very slow, and morover the deoendent fields in the grid are acting in a weired way. I am planning to uninstall the system , install WAMp or XAMP and use the generic installation way.
By amosbatto
Oh, it never occurred to me that it might be an anti-virus program, but it makes sense, since they monitor all the Input/Output in the system. I use Debian personally and all our servers at Processmaker are running on CentOS, so I tend to forget about anti-virus software.

Did that clear up all your other issues with the web browser freezing as well?
By markota
I use SAFARI 5 to work on PM and with it I have never had any problems with wierd behaviour of PM FORMS. I had that problem using browsers like Mozzila, Chrome, IE.
Davor
By lmccpedro
Hi all,
we have installed the version 2.0.52 and we have Performance Problems on our installation.

It is being slow when passing in each case form or for example switching from "Participated" (4 cases) to "Draft" (2 cases) boxes. It takes in this example 9 seconds.

We have around 80 000 cases created.

Any body can help how to optimize the ProcessMaker Performance in the Scenario:
• Windows 2012 Server with 64GB of Memory RAM;
• DataBase of 15GB;
• 250GB of Attached and Generated Documents;
• 300 Users Registered (around 50 Users Simultaneous);
• ProcessMaker Version 2.5.2;
• Apache Version 2.2.23;
• PHP Version 5.3.13;
• MYSQL Version 5.1.50;

Please give me some help. Any idea ?

Regards.