Questions and discussion about developing processes and programming in PHP, JavaScript, web services & REST API.
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already asked before creating a new topic. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums.
I have two following questions:
Q#1: Does ProcessMaker support 3rd party dynamic extensions or just provide only an option to enable/disable it from php.ini file?
Q#2: If ProcessMaker provides a framework or mechanism to create and load custom dynamic extensions then how can i create a one for myself? Any tutorial available?

Problem Statement:
I have written a dynamic extension (.so file; platform is CentOS 7) in C++ using PHP-CPP-LEGACY framework, this dynamic extension works fine with the PHP 5.4.16 and Zend Engine v2.4.0 (seperately installed on my dev machine), i want to load it in the ProcessMaker to use this extension in my custom developed plugin, but unfortunately its not being loaded into the phpinfo() output. I performed following steps:
1. I copied the output file into the ProcessMaker's extensions directory using following command "cp -f myExtension.so /home/mkhan/processmaker-3.2.1-0/php/lib/php/extensions"
2. Used following command to copy its ini file into the etc directory "cp -f myExtension.ini /home/mkhan/processmaker-3.2.1-0/php/etc", furthermore I also entered the name of my extension in the php.ini file after extension property.
3. Restarted Apache Web Server using Bitnami Server Manager (manager-linux-x64.run)
4. Load <?php phpinfo(); ?> from the info.php file (https://192.168.56.111:8443/plugin/cust ... n/info.php)
5. check the name of my dynamic extension in the output page

I didn't find my extension in the output after lot of tries and combinations, please help me by suggesting a way to develop custom dynamic extension for ProcessMaker as I didn't find any on your site or in the google search.
Make sure that your /home/mkhan/processmaker-3.2.1-0/php/lib/php/extensions/myExtension.so file is readable by the "daemon" user (or set its file permissions to 777 just to make sure).

Turn on startup errors. In your /opt/mkhan/processmaker-3.2.1-0/php/etc/php.ini file, set:
Code: Select all
display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On
error_reporting = E_ALL
extension=/home/mkhan/processmaker-3.2.1-0/php/lib/php/extensions/myExtension.so
Then restart Bitnami Apache (or reboot).
Then use this command to see if the extension has loaded and whether there were any errors:
cd /opt/mkhan/processmaker-3.2.1-0/php/bin
./php -v
./php -m
./php -a
This last command should show if there are any startup errors. Press Ctrl+D to exit.

There are some changes between PHP 5.4 and 5.6. Are you sure that your code is compatible with PHP 5.6 (which is what is needed by PM 3.2.2 and later?
Thanks for the detailed and prompt reply.

I followed your instructions and got the following warnings (by executing ./php -v command) as output.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: myExtension: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20100525
PHP compiled with module API=20131226
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0

Which API it is talking about? and what should I do next to match both compilations?

I am testing this dynamic extension with a simple out statement to print "Hello World" string, I have not added any custom functionality or checked its compatibility features yet, but thanks I will consider them when time will come for the real implementation.
Your extension has to be compiled for the version of PHP installed on your ProcessMaker server.

You need to install the php5.6-devel package if using CentOS/Red Hat or php5.6-dev if using Ubuntu/Debian. Then use phpize when compiling your extension:
Code: Select all
$ cd extensioname
$ phpize
$ ./configure
$ make
# make install 
See:
http://php.net/manual/en/install.pecl.phpize.php
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/310 ... run-phpize

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]