Questions and discussion about developing processes and programming in PHP, JavaScript, web services & REST API.
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already asked before creating a new topic. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums.
By vitaminxu
Hi, has anyone encountered server segmentation fault?

My PM server encountered such fault, and my process malfunctions at each step involving an output document.
- For those steps triggering an email with output document as attachment, the email is not sent at all, but the case can still be routed.
- For those steps directly showing user the output document screen, the browser show error messages: Firefox: "Secure Connection Failed". Chrome: sad face with "<pm domain> didn't send any data". And user is not able to proceed from there.
- Other steps without output document are still working.

My output document is quite plain and small, around 100KB each. Some document contain grid data from dynaform.

Server admin suggest it's coding issue which eats up too much memory, but I'm not sure which part of code to look into.

Any advice please? Thanks!
By vitaminxu
Not sure when exactly the segmentation error happened. The behavior is a bit strange, looks like the error is accumulative. At first, the issue (error message in the output document step) only happened to a few users, while others not affected. Then at certain stage, all user couldn't go through the output document step. I checked with server admin and was informed about the segmentation error, without any further details. After restarting the apache service, the system worked fine again for everyone.

Then, a few days later, the same thing started over again, with more and more users unable to go through output doc step, and issue fixed until the server restarted.

I also receive error report that some user encounter error during the output document step, but when they try again later it works.

The whole thing happened during the peak period of this process. Right now as the usage is minimal it works fine now. But I still want to find the root cause.

Regarding the php setting on serve, our process limits all input docs to 10MB and the server is configured accordingly.

For output docs, my grid has 10 columns not sure whether it's relevant, and one doc shall have less then 10 rows. We changed the configurations according to the link, but as the peak period is over, not sure whether it really solves the problem.

🚀 Scopri la potenza di Immediate Evista 2.0 per il[…]

Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a common condition t[…]

If you need to export PST emails into PDF for[…]

To switch from PST to MBOX quickly and effectively[…]