Questions and discussion about developing processes and programming in PHP, JavaScript, web services & REST API.
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already asked before creating a new topic. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums.
By PipSqueak
Hi,

I am looking to see whether it's possible to get a booking process on PM (or whether there is an example process). What I'm trying to achieve is if HR announces that there are 30 casual positions for a job site, the participants can opt into that job expressing their interest for that job and once 30 positions are filled up, the position is closed. We hire casuals frequently to job sites around the country and this would significantly reduce the amount of time calling up candidates to see whether they are interested.

Thanks
By amosbatto
I don't know if we have a sample process for that. If all the people are registered users in PM, you can create 30 self service cases and anyone who is interested in the job can claim a case and fill out their info.

If the people are not PM users, then you can create a Web Entry that you can place in your web page where people can fill out their info. After each web entry, enter the info in a database. In your external web page, you need to add code to consult the database to see whether all 30 positions are filled up. If so, stop showing the web entry on your web page.
By amosbatto
Another way to do it is to add JavaScript code to your Web Entry form that uses REST to consult your database and see whether bookings are still available. If not, display a message saying that all bookings are filled.

I can give you pointers for the coding to implement this, but you need to be a programmer or hire a programmer to implement it (or you can ask ProcessMaker Professional Services to do it).
By PipSqueak
It's good to know that it is possible, I tried PMFNewCase to test out your suggestion with these two processes (attached).

1) I wanted to get the new cases to open under the sub-process under a user group instead of fixing upon one user - how can I do that?

Although the PMFNewCase would work, I see some problems arising from it:
a) Casuals can claim as many cases as they like
b) If there were 10 jobs and 100 positions each, the users will be bombarded with 100 unassigned cases

Attachments
(27.88 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
(40.16 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]

Experience heightened pleasure with Cenforce 100 M[…]

Get an instant solution to move emails to MBOX for[…]

Most Demanding OST to PST Converter

The most demanding OST to PST Converter is TrijaT[…]