Questions and discussion about developing processes and programming in PHP, JavaScript, web services & REST API.
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already asked before creating a new topic. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums.
By BinaCh
I'm trying to insert data into an external database from a dynaform but I can not. Please, you can give me the trigger code that does that.
By amosbatto
Let's say that you have table in your external database named CLIENTS with the fields FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, CONTRACT_START_DATE, SALARY, and AGE and you have the following variables associated with fields in your Dynaform: firstName, lastName, contractStartDate, salary and age.

First, create a Database Connection to your external database and copy it UID, because you will need it when calling executeQuery(). Then create a trigger similar to the following one:
Code: Select all
$db = '1234567890abcde1234567890abcde'; //set to the UID of the database connection;

//check if one variable is set, to make sure that the dynaform was submitted:
if (isset(@@firstName)) {   
   //use mysql_real_escape_string(), mysqli_real_escape_string() or addslashes() as a last resort 
   //to escape strings to prevent SQL injection attacks:
   $firstName = mysql_real_escape_string(@@firstName); 
   $lastName = mysql_real_escape_string(@@lastName);

//Datetimes are in "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" format which works to insert in MySQL, PostgreSQL 
   //and MS SQL Server, but needs to be formatted with the TO_DATE() function in Oracle.
   //access datetime variables as strings. 
   //Set as NULL if empty or a string enclosed in single quotation marks.
   $startDate = empty(@@contractStartDate) ? NULL : "'". @@contractStartDate . "'";

$salary = @#salary; //access as a floating-point number
   $age = @%age;  //access as an integer

//make sure to include strings and dates inside single quotation marks, but numbers don't need them.
   $sql = "INSERT INTO CLIENTS (FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, CONTRACT_START_DATE, SALARY, AGE) 
        VALUES ('$firstName', '$lastName', $startDate, $salary, $age)"; 

executeQuery($sql, $db); 
} 
By NAlvarado
I am having trouble with inserting this date into Oracle.

@@creationDate = getCurrentDate();
$creationDate = @@creationDate;

I have tried the following for the insert portion in a trigger but it continues to fail. Advice/suggestions? Thanks

TO_DATE($creationDate,'MM/DD/YYYY')
TO_DATE('$creationDate','MM/DD/YYYY')

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]