Questions and discussion about developing processes and programming in PHP, JavaScript, web services & REST API.
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already asked before creating a new topic. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums.
By groakes
Folks,

I was wondering if there is a recommendation for upgrading processes from a Dev to Prod environment. We have a continous improvement cycle which results in a steady stream of minor (and sometimes not so minor) changes being developed, tested and implemented as monthly releases. These changes can be changes to the process (removing or adding tasks and routes), new forms, new triggers etc.

Major changes (new version) are rolled out as a complete new process - the old process is kept in situ but removed from the New Cases menu.

What I am interested in are recommendations for the a best practice way of deploying these minor changes. What should be backed up? Should I do a cacheview-repair, etc. Any advice would be welcome.

thanks
Greg
By amosbatto
Frankly, your current practice of always creating a new process is the safest policy to guarantee that you will never have trouble. Where you get into trouble is when the name of a variable is changed, since it won't be displayed correctly. You also get into trouble if the UID of the task is changed, since existing cases in the task can't be opened and they won't route correctly. You can also have problems if the assignment list changes for a task and you are using Cyclical Assignment, because the last assigned user no longer exists in the list, so PM doesn't know which is the next user to assign.

I generally overwrite the existing process if it is a minor change (like the title of a task or the label of a field). In this situation, go to Admin > Case List Cache Builder and click Build Cache to update the process and task titles.
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]