Questions and discussion about developing processes and programming in PHP, JavaScript, web services & REST API.
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already asked before creating a new topic. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums.
By jalvarezrend
Hello,

I have pasted a multi-select box dropdown in one of my forms. Now I want to set another one as dependent of this one. I want the second one to be populated using a SQL Query based in what the user has introduced in the first multi select box dropdown.

Is this possible? How can I make the SQL Query?

Regards,
Jose Enrique,
By amosbatto
You need to use an SQL query like:
Code: Select all
SELECT X, Y FROM Z WHERE A IN ('B', 'C', 'D')
Create a multiple-select dropdown box in your DynaForm whose ID and variable is named "selectServices". Then, add another dropdown whose ID and variable is named "selectTask", which will be the dependent field to the "selectServices" dropdown. This second dropdown will use an SQL query like:
SELECT X, Y FROM Z WHERE A IN (@=selectedList)
Also create a textbox whose ID and variable is named "selectedList". JavaScript will be used to hide this textbox. Do NOT use a hidden field, because changing its value will not trigger the SQL query in the "selectTask" dropdown.

Then, add this JavaScript to the DynaForm:
$("#selectedList").hide();

$("#myMultiselect").getControl().change(function() {
   var allSelected = '';  
   for (var i = 0; i < this.options.length; i++) {
      if (this.options[i].selected)
         allSelected .= (allSelected != '' ? ', ' : '') + "'" + this.options[i].value + "'";
   }
   $("#selectedList").setValue(allSelected);
   //$("#selectTask").executeQuery(); // uncomment this line if using PM 3.0.1.7 or earlier
} );
By joserendal
Hi Amos,

I have tested your solution, placing the mentioned SQL Query in my dropdown. It's not displaying anything, and I'm seeing in the browser's console Bad Request (400) errors.

Do i have to associate the dropdown fields to a variable or to do anything special?

Thanks for your answer,
Best regards.
By amosbatto
The code I gave you should work, but this JavaScript code should work better since it also selects the values in the dependent field when the DynaForm loads:
$("#selectCountry").getControl()[0].multiple = true //convert to listbox
$("#selectCountry").getControl().parent().append("<p>Press the CTRL key while clicking to select multiple items.</p>");
$("#selectedList").hide();

function setDependentVal() {
  var aVals = $("#selectCountry").getControl().val();
  var allSelected = '';

for (var idx in aVals) {
    allSelected += (allSelected != '' ? ', ' : '') + "'" + aVals[idx] + "'";
  }

$("#selectedList").setValue(allSelected);
  //$("#selectTask").executeQuery(); // uncomment this line if using PM 3.0.1.7 or earlier
}

$("#selectCountry").getControl().change(setDependentVal); //when value changes in dropdown
setDependentVal();      //execute when Dynaform loads
Where selectCountry is the independent multiple-select dropdown and selectedList is the hidden textbox and selectTask is the dependent dropdown.

To see it work, import this Dynaform:
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

Web3 development encompasses creating decentralize[…]

The Upland Clone Script, offered by Dappsfirm, rep[…]

Dappsfirm offers a bet365 clone script that mirror[…]

🚀 Tauchen Sie mit Immediate Alora AI in die Welt d[…]