Questions and discussion about developing processes and programming in PHP, JavaScript, web services & REST API.
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already asked before creating a new topic. Please don't post the same question in multiple forums.
By medoman
hello there
i'm creating a dynaform with in my company, the user will input the client number in a field with a variable named (client_code) then i want to fill some fields in the same form with the client information data from Oracle database, however the sql query always return error , and here is the sql statement i'm using to get the client name :

select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = @@client_code

when i replace the (@@client_code) in the statement with any client code number it returns the company name so that i know that the select statement is working.
please help me solving this problem.
thanks
Hi,

Try to open the debug mode by going to the designer and right click the process and "enable debug mode" upon activating it create a case and you will be able to see the variables assigned.

Also try if doing var_dump or print works
By amosbatto
Another field in your DynaForm needs to have the ID "client_code". (It must be the ID of the field.)

If the field is a textbox, textarea or hidden, then you can return one field. If any other type of field, then you need to return two fields in your query:
select distinct Name, Name from imcit_clients_bi where imc_code = @@client_code

If that isn't the problem, then as Timoteo suggested, create a trigger like this to test it:
Code: Select all
$db = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'; //set to the ID of your DB connection
$res = executeQuery("select Name from imcit_clients_bi", $db);
print "<pre>"; var_dump($res); die;
Finally, make sure that the case of the field and table names is correct.
By medoman
thanks for your replies, but also nothing works, i'm sure that the sql statement is right because when i write the follwing query:

select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = 'A-0293-CL-EG'

it returns the company name from the oracle database, but when i change it to

select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = @@client_code

it's not working, even when i put it between ("") or ('') nothing it working i have version 3.0.8.1-community.

please help
Hi,

Have you enabled your debug mode?

Try this code
@@test_query = "select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = @@client_code";
Then create a case and see on the debug mode the value of @@test_query; if @@test_query returns select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = 'A-0293-CL-EG' and still returns null value then there must have been a connection problem to your database connection, try to check your database connection via clicking "database connection" on the designer and perform a test connection. Also set the charset of your Oracle DB to utf8.

Best Regards,
Michael
By medoman
i got this error when i copied the code in my process i have tried with (@@textVar) variable
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (213.54 KiB) Viewed 6960 times
Last edited by medoman on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi,

That error says you are using double quote instead of a single quote. How about
@@test_query = "select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = '@@client_code'";
I inserted a single quote before t.imc_code = ; the reason why I want you to add that code is to check in your debug mode if the string is parsing correctly for your sql command.
Hi,

That means your query is wrong and cannot parse correctly the @@client_code because it's array. Try
@@test_query = "select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = '@@client_code[1]'";
if the @@test_query returns a proper query string like
@@test_query = "select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = 'A-0293-CL-EG'";
then that will work fine
By amosbatto
It looks like you are trying to do a query with a checkgroup as the independent field (id=client_code), which won't work because checkgroups can have zero, one or multiple values, which is why the value is stored as an array.

You need to use a dropdown, suggest or radio button as your independent field in the DynaForm. Then use this SQL query in the dependent field in your DynaForm:
select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = '@#client_code'
You need to use single quotes to enclose your strings, because Oracle uses double quotation marks enclose identifiers (like table and field names).

If you want to test this in a trigger, you need to do it this way:
@@test_query = "select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = '" .@@client_code."'";
By medoman
ok, here is a small light coming from the end of the tunnel, i put this code in the trigger
$db = '441925048582dae0acadcd4011183523';
@@test_query = executeQuery ("select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = '" .@@clinet_code."'", $db);

as shown in the debuging i can see in the @@test_query value (Alexandria Buisinessmens Association (ABA)) and this is the equivalent value for the code i entered in the client code field... however i need to assign this value to a field i found (object.Object ) as shown in the pic.

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (134.7 KiB) Viewed 6947 times
By medoman
OMG finally worked .... thanks yo so much Dear friends.... this is the way i ran it:

1- created a trigger with the code:-
$db = '441925048582dae0acadcd4011183523';
@@test_query = executeQuery ("select distinct t.Name from imcit_clients_bi t where t.imc_code = '" .@@clinet_code."'", $db);
@@test_query1 = @@test_query[1]['NAME'];

2- assigned the variable @@test_query1 to the field (company name)

thanks so much and i think i will be back again with a new problem :)

Try the CloudMigration PST Converter to convert […]

In the rapidly evolving world of online sports be[…]

STEPN integrates social networking and games that […]

Cenforce 150 is a medication used to cope with a c[…]