Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
Hello all,

currently I am looking at the PM functionalities. For this I installed PM 3.5.7 community on Cent OS 7 and created a few processes.

In the cases data is entered in Dynaforms. I am currently looking for a functionality how to search in the entered data? The simple or advanced search is not useful for this.

Therefore the question: is it somehow possible that one can search in this entered data?

Example:

In an order process a comment field has been filled, furthermore a few radio buttons have been selected and checkboxes have been set. Now the manager would like to find all cases where certain checkboxes are set or something specific has been entered in the comment field.

So far I can't find any functionality that can do this.

How do you do this? Would it be best to have such information written directly to another database to implement this in a separate system, such as a search engine or reporting tool? Or are such functions available but I can't find them :wink:

Thanks for your help.
Hello there,

I think some processmaker plugins are suited for your need of data search. Kindly check the following plugins to see if these tools can help or not?

https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.5/Data_Reporting_Tools //applying data filters
https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/Simple_Report_Plugin //setting up & applying filters
https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.6/Supported_plugins_for_ProcessMaker_version

After reviewing the docs above, see if what you may prefer? Cheers..
Hello and thanks for your answers!

Search Fields Plugin In Processmaker:
this is not really what I'm looking for. The search capabilities are too small. As in the Video on the Plugin website showed there's only one search function for all the columns.

If I understand correctly, the plugin above (and all the others on pmlearning.info) can be added to the community edition?!
Currently I have to settle for the community edition. The plugins from processmaker.com are only available in the various business editions, correct? In that case those plugins is sadly no option for me.

I discovered the Report tables. It would be OK to export this data to another application or to use it directly from the database. But I read about the limitations with checkgroups. Would have to read more about that.

Data Reporting Tools / Simple Report are designed more for report purposes. But it could be a better option to the Report tables.

So thanks a lot for your input!
Hi,

Our plugins are all usable on the community version, you can create a report table from the fields you want and then easily report them with the report maker plugin and define custom filters and access your users and groups :

https://pmlearning.info/plugin.php?t=Advanced-Reporting-Plugin-ProcessMaker
Thanks
Use of Triggers and Events: ProcessMaker allows you to create triggers and events that can be used to perform custom actions when specific events occur. You could potentially use triggers to capture and store specific data in separate database tables or external systems, making it easier to perform advanced searches later.

API Integration: ProcessMaker provides APIs that allow you to interact with and manipulate data within the system. Depending on your technical capabilities, you could use the API to extract and process data for more advanced search and reporting.
A remark area has been filled out along with a few radio buttons, checkboxes, and other elements in an order procedure. The manager now wants to track down any instances in which a certain checkbox has been selected or a specific comment has been made. You might utilize this information directly from the database or export it to another program. But I learned about checkgroups' limits from reading. Probably need to read more about that.
Along with a few radio buttons, checkboxes, and other components of an order method, a remark field has been completed. Now, the manager wishes to find any instances where a specific comment has been written or a specific checkbox has been checked. This data can be exported to another program or used directly from the database. However, reading taught me about the limitations of checkgroups. I should read up on that more, probably.
In ProcessMaker (PM), searching for specific data within entered Dynaform fields can be challenging if the built-in simple or advanced search functionalities don't meet your needs. You're right to consider alternatives like integrating with another database, search engine, or reporting tool.
ProcessMaker offers reporting capabilities that allow you to create custom reports based on user input data. You can design reports that filter and display relevant information from comment fields or other input fields, making it easier to search and analyze the data.

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]