Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By MackieeE
Afternoon,

We currently use "Self Service Value based Assignment" which subsequently assigns the Case to a Group UID:
Code: Select all
@@groupuid__team_a

Which is great, as this then appears in the un-assigned tab for those group members.
Once claimed, it's in the Ownership of that user.

However, when the user has left or gone on Holiday, it still remains as they are the current user - so as a Supervisor or administrator I'd like to re-assign this to the Group - not a particular individual.

Is this possible via the GUI? Or would I need to run an API call
/cases/{app_uid}/reassign-case
with
usr_uid_target
to reference the Group UID?

https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.3/REST_ ... ssign-case
By amosbatto
If your user on vacation has a "Reports To" user, then future tasks that to would have gone to the user will be assigned to the "Reports To" user, but the open tasks already assigned to the user will stay with the user.

If your admin is assigned as a Process Supervisor to the case's process, then you can go to Home > Review and open the case and reassign it manually to another user.

The Enterprise Edition now has a batch reassignment feature which allows reassignment in lots so you don't have to do it individually for each case.

You can also create an external script that uses REST to reassign all the cases assigned to a user. I recommend that you install my extraRest plugin and use this PUT extrarest/case/{app_uid}/reassign-case, because it allows a Process Supervisor to reassign cases, whereas the official endpoint only allows the user assigned to the current task in the case to reassign the case.

Another option is to create a process which looks up all the cases assigned to the user in the APP_CACHE_VIEW table in the database and then reassigns them.
By MackieeE
Hi Amosbatto

Thanks for your reply - all the solutions you've provided entail in a user being assigned to a case. However I have a business case to where replicating the 'Self Service' (Users picking from a list of unassigned cases) is key. So short, this is a question where I'd like to it to be re-assigned to no-one.

As no-one would mean it requires self-service from a group of users. If that makes sense?
By amosbatto
MackieeE wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:40 am Thanks for your reply - all the solutions you've provided entail in a user being assigned to a case. However I have a business case to where replicating the 'Self Service' (Users picking from a list of unassigned cases) is key. So short, this is a question where I'd like to it to be re-assigned to no-one.

As no-one would mean it requires self-service from a group of users. If that makes sense?
There is a way to do this, but it means changing all the tasks where this can occur to Self Service or Self Service Value Based Assignment and adding a loop-around to the process like this:
loop-around-for-self-service-process.png
loop-around-for-self-service-process.png (13.66 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
Tomorrow I will write up an explanation on pmusers.com, but here is a sample process that shows the idea:
(47.63 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
In this example, the assigned user can decide whether to turn the task into self service, but you can make that field only available to the "admin" user or set the variable with REST. I'll explain further tomorrow. It is kind of an ugly solution, but it is the best that you can do in ProcessMaker, because you can't arbitrarily change the type of assignment on a task.
By tomolimo
Hello amosbatto
I've a solution to un-claim a task, simply doing a SQL request like the one below:
$query = "UPDATE APP_DELEGATION SET USR_UID='', DEL_INIT_DATE=NULL, USR_ID=0 WHERE APP_NUMBER=".$case_id." AND DEL_INDEX=".$delIndex;
What do you think about this?
Thank you,
Regards,
Tomolimo

Embark on your virtual journey with Dappsfirm! Our[…]

Unleash your creativity with us! Dive into the wor[…]

Most entrepreneurs would pick the crypto exchange […]

Most Useds NSF to PST Converter

MailsDaddy NSF to PST Converter is the best solu[…]