Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
Hello, i was wondering what the best way would be to route a case with a CRON job? It would run it once a day to see if todays date met a certain deadline. If it did, we would route the case to the next step which would be to complete it. Let me know if anyone has an ideas. Thanks.
You can create a custom script that uses web services or REST to route cases based on a criteria, which is executed by a cron job, but I recommend that you create a separate process which loops to execute a script task and uses an intermediate timer event.

The basic idea is explained here:
https://www.pmusers.com/index.php/Send_ ... is_overdue

Instead of sending a message with PMFSendMessage() in the trigger, you can call PMFDerivateCase() to route on the case.

Here is the trigger that you can use in the script task:
Code: Select all
//set to the ID of the task which should send an email when overdue.
//this ID can be found by running a case in Debug Mode and looking at the TASK system variable:
$taskId = '3839855285b99bcad876958079357667';

//Search for cases where the task is overdue:
$now = date("Y-m-d H:i:s");
$query= "SELECT * FROM APP_CACHE_VIEW WHERE TAS_UID='$taskId' AND
  (APP_STATUS='TO_DO' OR APP_STATUS='DRAFT') AND DEL_THREAD_STATUS='OPEN' AND '$now' > DEL_TASK_DUE_DATE";

$aCases = executeQuery($query);

if (!is_array($aCases)) {
  die("Error: Bad Query: $query\n");
}
$g = new G();
$g->sessionVarSave();

foreach ($aCases as $aCase) {
   PMFDerivateCase($aCase['APP_UID'], $aCase['DEL_INDEX'], false, $aCase['USR_UID']);  
}
$g->sessionVarRestore();

You can change the code of your SQL query. If you only want to execute on particular dates, then you should check out PHP's PHP's date() function to make a condition that you can check in the code.

In the rapidly evolving world of online sports be[…]

STEPN integrates social networking and games that […]

Cenforce 150 is a medication used to cope with a c[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Trustworthy and skill-building, each of these actu[…]