Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
Hi,

I have created a dynaform including available days the user have, days requested and days rest. I want the form keep uptodate the the number of days that the user has. Can anyone suggest a solution for this?

Best...

Erdal Ayan
Attachments
Selection_110.png
Selection_110.png (14 KiB) Viewed 5031 times
You can manually create a PM Table where you keep track of this information for each user.

Then, you can use executeQuery() in a trigger to retrieve the information to display in the form.
For example, if your PM Table is named "USERS_DAYS_OFF" and it contains the fields:
- USERNAME
- DAYS_AVAILABLE
- DAYS_REQUESTED
- DAYS_RESTED
And you have the following associated variables for the fields in your DynaForm:
- daysAvailable
- daysRequested
- daysRested

Then, create the following trigger which is set to execute before the DynaForm:
Code: Select all
$username = @@USR_USERNAME; //username of the current logged-in user
$sql = "SELECT DAYS_AVAILABLE, DAYS_REQUESTED, DAYS_RESTED 
   FROM PMT_USERS_DAYS_OFF WHERE USERNAME='$username'";
$result = executeQuery($sql);
if (empty($result)) {
    throw new Exception("There is no record in the PMT_USERS_DAYS_OFF table for '$username'.");
}
@@daysAvailable = $result[1]['DAYS_AVAILABLE'];
@@daysRequested = $result[1]['DAYS_REQUESTED'];
@@daysRested = $result[1]['DAYS_RESTED'];
Then, you can create another trigger which is executed after the DynaForm which updates the PM Table based on what is entered in the DynaForm:
$available = (int) @@daysAvailable;
$requested = (int) @@daysRequested;
$rested = (int) @@daysRested;
$username = @@USR_USERNAME;

$sql = "UPDATE PMT_USERS_DAYS_OFF SET DAYS_AVAILABLE='$available', 
   DAYS_REQUESTED='$requested', DAYS_RESTED='$rested'  
   WHERE USERNAME='$username'";
@@ret = $executeQuery($sql);

PS: If you want to calculate days and hours, based on a configured calendar in ProcessMaker, see the ExtraFunctions plugin.
Dear Amosbatto,

I have followed the instructions you provided but I got an error. What is the mistake I did?

Attachments
Selection_114.png
Selection_114.png (196.1 KiB) Viewed 5012 times
Selection_113.png
Selection_113.png (39.41 KiB) Viewed 5012 times
Selection_112.png
Selection_112.png (45.82 KiB) Viewed 5012 times
Selection_111.png
Selection_111.png (22.99 KiB) Viewed 5012 times
The definition of your PM Table is wrong. The DAYS_AVAILABLE field should not be a primary key field, because the same value can be used in multiple rows in the table. The USERNAME field should be the primary key, which means that you only have one row per user.

Also, you need to manually create a row for each user in your PM Table (or you need to add code to your trigger to create a row for the user, if a row doesn't already exist.

Also, if you want your form to automatically calculate the "Number of days rested", then you can add the following formula to that field:
daysAvailable - daysRequested

If you can't figure it out, then export your process and your PM Table and post them here so I can look at them.
Dear Amos,

thank you for your responses. I have adjusted the mistakes but still getting the error when I activate the pm tables and triggers. Actually I did not get how to create pm tables for each user. I have exported the process and pm table and you can find them in the attached files. I would appreciate if you have a look when you are available.

Best...
Erdal Ayan

Attachments
(3.07 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Selection_139.png
Selection_139.png (233.47 KiB) Viewed 4982 times
erdalayan wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:04 am I have adjusted the mistakes but still getting the error when I activate the pm tables and triggers. Actually I did not get how to create pm tables for each user. I have exported the process and pm table and you can find them in the attached files. I would appreciate if you have a look when you are available.
You forgot to change the primary key field in your PM Table. I added an auto-incrementing ID field to your table to be your primary key. I also changed the other fields to be integers.

I changed the first trigger to auto-insert rows in the table because you didn't have any data in your table:
$sql = "SELECT DAYS_AVAILABLE, DAYS_REQUESTED, DAYS_RESTED 

if (empty($result)) {
	//if user doesn't have record in the table, then insert one with default values:
	@@daysAvailable = 10;
	@@daysRequested = 0;
	@@daysRested    = 10;
	$insert = "INSERT INTO PMT_USERS_DAYS_OFF 
		(USERNAME, DAYS_AVAILABLE, DAYS_REQUESTED, DAYS_RESTED) 
		VALUES ('$username', 10, 0, 10)";
	@@retInsert = executeQuery($insert);
	$g = new \G();
	$g->SendMessageText("Added record for user '$username' in the PMT_USERS_DAYS_OFF table",
		'INFO');
}
else {
	@@daysRested    = $result[1]['DAYS_RESTED'];
}
I found two errors in my second trigger. I changed $executeQuery to executeQuery and I added single quotes around '$username'. You will catch these sorts of errors if you turn on the ProcessMaker debugger in the process properties and if you set debug=1 in your env.ini file.
//use @% to convert to integer and prevent SQL injection attacks
$available = @%daysAvailable; 
$requested = @%daysRequested;
$rested    = @%daysRested;
$username  = @@USR_USERNAME;

$sql = "UPDATE PMT_USERS_DAYS_OFF 
	SET DAYS_AVAILABLE=$available, DAYS_REQUESTED=$requested, DAYS_RESTED=$rested  
@@ret = executeQuery($sql);
Attachments
(3.43 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Dear Amosbatto,

thank you for your checking the code and recommendations. Actually, the codes that you created work fine but the value in "the number of you have" is not updated after the first case and still keeps the value "20". but it should provide new value for the user. For example, lets say the user user 5 days out of 20, the next time the "the number of you have" should provide "15" but still keeps "20". How can I solve that problem?

Best...
Erdal Ayan
Attachments
Selection_158.png
Selection_158.png (2.58 KiB) Viewed 4909 times
Hi,

I have updated the PM table and added one more row called daysCurrent in order to keep the updated date after the case. I have also updated the triggers accordingly but still there is not a solution...
$sql = "SELECT DAYS_AVAILABLE, DAYS_CURRENT, DAYS_REQUESTED, DAYS_RESTED 

if (empty($result)) {
	//if user doesn't have record in the table, then insert one with default values:
	@@daysAvailable = 20;
	@@daysCurrent 	= 0;
	@@daysRequested = 0;
	@@daysRested    = 0;
	$insert = "INSERT INTO PMT_USERS_DAYS_OFF 
		(USERNAME, DAYS_AVAILABLE, DAYS_CURRENT, DAYS_REQUESTED, DAYS_RESTED) 
		VALUES ('$username', 20, 0, 0, 0)";
	@@retInsert = executeQuery($insert);
	$g = new \G();
	$g->SendMessageText("Added record for user '$username' in the PMT_USERS_DAYS_OFF table",
		'INFO');
}
else {
	@@daysCurrent   = $result[1]['DAYS_CURRENT'];
	@@daysRested    = $result[1]['DAYS_RESTED'];
}
$current   = @%daysCurrent;
$requested = @%daysRequested;

SET DAYS_AVAILABLE=$available, DAYS_CURRENT=$current, DAYS_REQUESTED=$requested, DAYS_RESTED=$rested  

Attachments
Selection_160.png
Selection_160.png (27.4 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
Selection_159.png
Selection_159.png (15.22 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
erdalayan wrote:Actually, the codes that you created work fine but the value in "the number of you have" is not updated after the first case and still keeps the value "20". but it should provide new value for the user. For example, lets say the user user 5 days out of 20, the next time the "the number of you have" should provide "15" but still keeps "20". How can I solve that problem?
If that is what you want, then you should set daysAvailable to the value of daysRested like this:
$available = @%daysRested; 
$requested = 0;

If you have a supervisor who approves the requested days, then fire this trigger after the decision from the supervisor. For example, if you have a "supervisorDecision" dropdown with the option "approved", then your trigger would be:
if (@@supervisorDecision == 'approved') {
   $available = @%daysRested; 
   $requested = 0;
}
else { //supervisor denied the request, so undo the request:
    $requested = 0;
    $rested    = $available;
}

Dear Amosbatto,

thank you for your contribution. The codes that you revised worked well.

Actually, I did not define an "approval" button on my dynaform. I thought the supervisor may edit the form at any time when the case sent to him. But creating an approval would be fine idea. I was just wondering if should define a separate trigger including your second code block after defining an approval button on my dynaform.

Thanks in advance.
Best...
Erdal Ayan
erdalayan wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:24 am Actually, I did not define an "approval" button on my dynaform. I thought the supervisor may edit the form at any time when the case sent to him. But creating an approval would be fine idea. I was just wondering if should define a separate trigger including your second code block after defining an approval button on my dynaform.
If you want a supervisor to approve the requested days, you will have to add JavaScript to your Dynaform. See this example: https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/Submi ... ancel_Case

It is much easier to use a dropdown with the options "Approved" and "Rejected".
What's SAP FICO?

Trustworthy and skill-building, each of these actu[…]

To convert MBOX to PST, start by downloading and i[…]

My Assignment Services stands out as one of the be[…]

Erectile Dysfunction, commonly known as impotence,[…]