Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By erdalayan
Hi,

I have created a workflow and a dynaform as you may see the flow in the attached screen shot. I have defined five roles including a supervisor. I want supervisor to intervene in the process at any time and turn the confirmed for to the first user. I have attempted to use "reassign" feature for supervisor but it did not work. Can you recommend me certain solution for this case?

Best...

Erdal Ayan
Attachments
Selection_109.png
Selection_109.png (123.95 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
By amosbatto
If you want the normal users to be able to reassign their cases to the supervisor, then assign your supervisor to each task as an Ad Hoc user. Then add the PM_REASSIGNCASE permission to the role of the normal users, so that they can reassign their cases to the supervisor.

If you want the Supervisor to be able to take over the cases, then give the supervisor the PROCESSMAKER_MANAGER role (or create a custom role which has the PM_SUPERVISOR, PM_ALLCASES and PM_REASSIGNCASE permissions). Then, assign your supervisor as a Process Supervisor and scroll down to designate the Dynaforms and Input Documents that the Supervisor is allowed to change.

Then, the supervisor can login and go to Home > Review to see the cases where he is a Process Supervisor. He can open the case and change the data or reassign the case to himself. If he isn't a Process Supervisor to the case, he can go to Home > Advanced Search and find case and open them to reassign himself to those cases.
By erdalayan
Dear Amosbatto,

I have recently noticed that when the supervisor/manager intervenes in the process and reassign the case to the first user/secretary, the process continues with the same flow and the first user/secretary should send the form to the group leader, departmental head and director again. How can I create a short cut to end the process when the supervisor/manager intervenes in the process? Do I have to create a condition in the flow?

Best...
Erdal Ayan
By amosbatto
The Supervisor can go to Action > Cancel in the menu to end the case (if he has the PM_CANCELCASES permission in his role).

The only other way to do it is for the supervisor to set a value in a field and then have a later gateway in the process which checks for that value to end the case.

There is no way to check with a trigger whether a supervisor has intervened in the case, because changes by the Supervisor aren't recorded in the APP_HISTORY table. Only if the supervisor assigns the case to himself is there a record in the APP_DELEGATION or APP_CACHE_VIEW tables.
By erdalayan
Dear Amos,

when the supervisor cancels the process, it is not saved somewhere in the system as a document or the form but only record it under "participated" menu as you may see in the attached file. I guess the process should be totally completed if it is wanted to be saved in the system, or?

Attachments
Selection_141.png
Selection_141.png (10.96 KiB) Viewed 4930 times
By amosbatto
What
erdalayan wrote:when the supervisor cancels the process, it is not saved somewhere in the system as a document or the form but only record it under "participated" menu as you may see in the attached file. I guess the process should be totally completed if it is wanted to be saved in the system, or?
If you give your users Process Permissions, then they can still view the data from the cancelled case by going to Home > Participated (or Home > Advanced Search if having the PM_ALLCASES permission in their roles) and opening the case. Then, in the Infomation menu, you can see the Dynaforms, Input Documents and Output Documents from the case. Is that your question?
By erdalayan
Dear Amosbatto,

What I want to do is that the users could keep their confirmed forms under a folder for further visualization when the process is over. I have given the necessary user permissions but the only document they could see is a summary of the task. You can see it in the attached file. How can I set this?

Attachments
Selection_144.png
Selection_144.png (81.54 KiB) Viewed 4870 times
By amosbatto
In that same screen, there is the Information menu, where your users can see the Dynaforms, uploaded documents and generated documents which they have Process Permissions to see.
By erdalayan
Dear Amosbatto,

thank you very much for your response. Actually, I tried it again but the user can not see the dynaform that he created even though he could see the document uploaded. See the permissions I provided for the user, and please mention what I missed there.

Best..
Erdal Ayan

Attachments
Selection_157.png
Selection_157.png (23.17 KiB) Viewed 4839 times
Selection_156.png
Selection_156.png (275.17 KiB) Viewed 4839 times
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]