Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By tomaza
Hello everyone,

I have been using Processmaker to develop a number of processes which have several thousand cases. I can say I really enjoy the workflow tool.
However, I have noticed an issue with the email notifications. The scenario has caused me huge work hours trying to figure out what could be wrong.
I have received complaints from users of my processes, that they get email notifications on cases that do not concern them. After thorough investigation, I realise that such persons are usually copied(CC) in the copies of the mails they receive. I also check every use of PMFSendMessage() function in my processes and no where the CC parameter had any such email addresses supplied. Here is a sample of the function call:

PMFSendMessage(@@APPLICATION, $data['mail'], $result[1]['USR_EMAIL'], '', '', 'Email Notification on Case ID:'. @@APPNO, 'NotifyNextUser.html');

The situation is so frustrating that a number of users are being copied and it happens so randomly that Process A can send these mails to Users B,C,D at one point and then users G, H, K at some other point.
I have googled this issue but I can not get any pointer to a solution.
What do I need to do to stop processmaker from copying these users unnecessarily?
Thank you for your anticipated reply.

Regards,

Ternenge.
I have never heard of a situation where PMFSendMessage() carbon copies to extra email addresses. I suspect that you made a mistake and should recheck your code. Another possibility is that you have some tasks which are configured to email the next assigned user(s) in the Task Properties or your users are sending case notes and marking the option to send emails to all the participating users in the case.

By the way, which version of PM are you using?
Thank you @amosbatto for your reply.
I am using process maker version 3.2.1.
It will interest you to know that I have spent months trying to unravel this mystery myself. I have looked at every line of code in my triggers countless number of times to see if I actually passed an email in the CC param, but I can't find any. I even looked at the APP_MESSAGE table too but there were not such mails. Mails sent using default task notification feature on processmaker were affected too. Is there anything like email caching. Could it be that Procesmaker is using cached email addresses in the cc param?
If ProcessMaker isn't able to immediately send an email, it is written to the APP_MESSAGE table but marked as pending. Then when the cron.php file is run, it will send out any pending emails from the last 7 days in the APP_MESSAGE table. In other words, the time which emails are cached depends on how often your server is configured to execute the cron.php script as a cron job or a Windows scheduled task.

Also, look in the APP_MESSAGE.APP_MSG_CC field in the database to see if any emails were sent as carbon copies.
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]