Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By Intellibs
Hello!My PM community edition 3.2.3 installed on ubuntu 16.
I have a strange problem with app. I need processes and subprocesses with Russian names.
Problems have began when I tried to name my subprocess in Russian, the application didn't
allow it, only English.Then when I was changing pools and lanes, all my connections between tasks have disapeared.
Also when I've deleted one task - it was removed from diagram, but stayed in db.
I tried to export and import my processes,
but during import I got an error: 'Unable to execute UPDATE statement. [wrapped: Could not execute update
[Native Error: Incorrect string value: '\xD0\x97\xD0\xB0\xD0\xBA...' for column 'str' at row 1] [User Info: UPDATE CONTENT SET `CON_VALUE`
= 'Закупка по заявке склада' WHERE CONTENT.CON_CATEGORY='PRO_TITLE' AND CONTENT.CON_PARENT='' AND CONTENT.CON_ID='4944895295b79011c6c5308035128718']]'.
I changed collation of my db to utf8_general_ci and to other, but error with update stayed. Can I have working application with Russian named processes and tasks?
TY.
By amosbatto
Using ProcessMaker 3.2.3 (manual install) in Debian 9.5 (PHP 5.6.37, MySQL 5.7.23), I didn't see any error messages when creating a process with the title "Закупка по заявке склада". I was also able to save, export and import the process without any problems
processWithRussianTitle.png
processWithRussianTitle.png (32.97 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
All text in ProcessMaker and all the database tables should be using UTF-8. If the process title is stored as valid UTF-8, then should work in theory. We recently had a bug where the "/" character in process titles prevented the process from saving, but that doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Are you using a manual install or a Bitnami install? Which versions of PHP and MySQL are you using?

--------------------
Note: The "Title" field when creating a new process prevents pasting. You have to manually type the title using the keyboard. The "Description" field in the same dialog box allows pasting:
CanCopy&PasteProcessTitle.png
CanCopy&PasteProcessTitle.png (163.84 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
To get around this restriction, you can use the web browser's debugger to paste "Закупка по заявке склада" in the "value" property of the "PRO_TITLE" field in the HTML code.
InsertProcessTitleInHtmlCode.png
InsertProcessTitleInHtmlCode.png (190.75 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
By Intellibs
I used manual install. And I have found decision. A added to Amazon RDS Parameters Group settings when creating DB:
log_bin_trust_function_creators: 1
character_set_client: utf8mb4
character_set_database: utf8mb4
character_set_results: utf8mb4
character_set_connection: utf8mb4
character_set_server: utf8mb4
collation_connection: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
collation_server: utf8mb4_unicode_ci

In the rapidly evolving world of online sports be[…]

STEPN integrates social networking and games that […]

Cenforce 150 is a medication used to cope with a c[…]

What's SAP FICO?