Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By kleung
Hi,

I'm new to PM.

Grateful if I can be advised how nested subprocesses can be implemented. I.e. a task at level 1 calls a subprocess A at level 2. Then inside this subprocess A at level 2, there is a task calls another subprocess B at level 3. All these processing can be of synchronize type and return to the highest level master process before going ahead.

Thank you very much

cheers,
Karl
By amosbatto
Karl, I played with this and found that ProcessMaker has a bug when using nested synchronous subprocesses. When returning from subprocess B to subprocess A, it cannot go directly to an end event in Subprocess A. Instead, it needs to go to a normal task.

Let's say this is your master process:
masterProcess2Sublevels.png
masterProcess2Sublevels.png (8.89 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
And this is your subprocess A:
SubprocessAInDesigner.png
SubprocessAInDesigner.png (53.86 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
And this is your subprocess B:
SubprocessBInDesigner.png
SubprocessBInDesigner.png (15.79 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
In subprocess A, you need a task before and after the subprocess B. If you don't have a task after the subprocess, then you will see the following error when returning from subprocess B to subprocess A:
ErrorFromSubprocessBToSubprocessA.png
ErrorFromSubprocessBToSubprocessA.png (42.93 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
The only way to get it to work without errors is to have tasks before and after each subprocess. I will file an internal bug report about this problem.
Attachments
(65.49 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
(22.97 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
(36.3 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
By kleung
thank you very much for your effort and kind attention.

SubProcesses is very useful in handling complex systems.

It would be great if the operations of SubForms can be enhanced as well. Eg allowing SubForms as multiple tags of a Dynaform, allowing editing of subforms to deal with different conditions, etc.

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]