Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
Hi,

Basically I'm filling a dropdown list with a query, I need to add all the employees (almost a hundred thousand),
here comes the problem, the dropdown starts to get frozen
and I think it's normal because it's a lot of data, so my question is

How to solve this issue? is there other option?

Regards
Attachments
Selection_405.png
Selection_405.png (63.84 KiB) Viewed 3809 times
You can use a suggest field. If you want to prevent the user from entering a value which isn't from the option list, then make sure that the value is not the same as the label for each option. For example, if you use an SQL query like this:
SELECT USR_UID, CONCAT(USR_FIRSTNAME, ' ', USR_LASTNAME) FROM USERS
Then, the value will never be the same as the label in the list of options.

Then, you can use JavaScript like this to prevent that the user will only select an existing option in the list and not enter a new value:
Code: Select all
$("#selectUser").find("input").blur(function() {
  if ($("#selectUser").getValue() == $("#selectUser").getText()) {
    $("#selectUser").setValue('');
  }
});
Where "selectUser" is the ID of the suggest box.
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Hi
I had the same issue. I guess it was because of the number of items (I had more than a thousand). Then I changed the dropdown lists (actually, created the alphabetic lists) and now everything works fine. It took me too much time, but it was worth it.

In the realm of Salesforce, where businesses rely heavily on customer relationship management (CRM) solutions, a certified business analyst becomes a strategic asset. The https://www.dumpstool.com/Certified-Business-Analyst-exam.html not only validates your understanding of Salesforce functionalities but also demonstrates your capacity to analyze complex business processes, identify gaps, and propose effective solutions. With this certification, you position yourself as a problem solver and a key contributor to enhancing operational efficiency.
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]