Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By amosbatto
I’ve been tasked of using Process Maker to use it to create a workflow for our team.

As such, I don’t think I need to use tools like Dynaforms or variables etc, because all I need is for each user within the swim lane to approve whether or not a particular box is done (or to select an option for an exclusive gateway)

Can you confirm how I can do this? Creating a Dynaform is the only way I can see it being done at the moment but seems like a lot of work to do at every box?
Unfortunately, you will have to use Dynaforms to define variables, so that those variables can be used in conditions in exclusive or inclusive gateways.

ProcessMaker doesn't provide a way for a user to manually choose the path(s) of a process at a gateway. Selecting the path(s) can only be done with conditions which use variables.
Thanks Amos – what if it’s not a gateway and just a standard task box?

So for example, even the first step, how do I get it to route to the first gateway where there’s no choice to be made beyond “I’ve completed this task?”. From my understanding I need to assign steps in each task?
Create a Dynaform which contains a dropdown associated with the variable "howReturnFunds" which has two options: "maturity" and "withdrawl" (these are the keys, not the labels of the options).

Then in the "Properties" of your exclusive gateway, use these 2 conditions:
@@howReturnFunds == "maturity"
@@howReturnFunds == "withdrawl"

To better understand how to use gateways, see this example:
http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/getting_started

You might want to consider buying Depo's book:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=713343&p=812900#p794759
(By the way, ProcessMaker Inc. offers training, if you need further help.)
HI Amos,
Apologies but another question:

I’ve got 5 boxes with incoming lines into “Validate Bank Info Docs” – and 2 outgoings from it to “Add account details in workflow…” and to “Add comment on why rejected and submit”

I’m getting an alert saying that “Converging Gateway must have a outgoing sequence flow” – why is this the case when I do have that already?

I’ve put incoming into the gateway in Red, and outgoing in green just for clarity.
A gateway can't be both converging and diverging at the same time. You have to create one gateway to split the flow into multiple paths (this is what we call "diverging") and another gateway to join multiple paths into one path (this is what we call "diverging").

Separate your "Validate Bank Info Docs" gateway into two exclusive gateways and it should work.
Amos - how would you navigate the below?

do move from one task to another without requiring any action?

I’ve created a Boolean variable and dynaform for “Requirement to return Customer Funds”, and at the gateway I set the pathway.

But moving from “Yes – Payment Out Batch File produced” into “File stored in Transaction Portal” ? Is there a way for a user to just manually move from one task to the other without creating a Boolean dynaform at each stage to say “yes it’s complete” (otherwise there’ll be loops at every stage)
PM.jpg
PM.jpg (31.3 KiB) Viewed 3483 times

And finally, can you please confirm about importing data into PM. Is it possible to pull information such as account numbers, names and addresses from external data sources? Or can it only pull specific documents etc?
ETanON wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 am But moving from “Yes – Payment Out Batch File produced” into “File stored in Transaction Portal” ? Is there a way for a user to just manually move from one task to the other without creating a Boolean dynaform at each stage to say “yes it’s complete” (otherwise there’ll be loops at every stage)
Creating variables that can be used in conditions in gateways that loop back is the only way to do it or you can train your users to not click on "Finish" when they haven't completed the task.
ETanON wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 amAnd finally, can you please confirm about importing data into PM. Is it possible to pull information such as account numbers, names and addresses from external data sources? Or can it only pull specific documents etc?
If your data is stored in a database, then you can create a Database Connection to your database and then use SQL in DynaForm fields or executeQuery() in triggers to import data into a ProcessMaker case.

If your data is in files, then you can use Input Documents to import specific files into a case.

Another option is to create PM Tables and then manually import the data into the tables.

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]