Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
Hi,

using Community 3.2.1, I have created a process that generates an output document that uses variable values to create a case report.
When it generates the document, it ignores the settings in the Output Document file name (two variables) and produces a document that has no values from the associated variables. When I check the case's change history, all the values are are against the appropriate variables.

It used to work (otherwise I wouldn't have put it into production). I'm not aware of any changes having been made and other output documents in other processes are fine.

Any ideas?

cheers
Greg
Attachments
Your variables:
@@requestNumber @@RequestTitle
Are going to produce a filename like:
"42" "My Title".pdf
I don't know what your operating system is, but it probably can't handle that. Try using this:
@#requestNumber_@#RequestTitle
Then, you will get a filename like:
42_My Title.pdf

Another potential problem is if those variables used in the filename contain characters that aren't accepted by the OS's file system. ProcessMaker is using the UTF-8 character set, but you might have problems if the operating system where PM is installed uses another character set like ISO-8859-1.

You can use this trigger before your Output Document step to remove all problematical characters:
Code: Select all
function convertToAscii($text) {
    return preg_replace("/[^a-zA-Z0-9. _\-]/", '', $text);
}
@@titleAscii = convertToAscii(@@RequestTitle);
Then use @#titleAscii in your Output Document filename.

Note: If using Linux, you can use the "locale" command to see what character set is used by Linux.
Hi Amos,

I have changed the @@ to @# (I actually thought I had done that before but....). However, I still have the same problem. The file doesn't get generated with the variables inserted into the title and the report itself isn't populated with the variable values.

I have attached a copy of the generated file.

thanks
Greg
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]