Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By joheben
To any helpful person - I am a total newbie in using Process Engines, and I am bewildered by ProcessManager (free trial). I need to convince myself and a client that it can be of practical use to them.

I managed to design a super simple process with just a Timer to start it (or direct Start), one manual Task (of type User, nothing else in it), assigned to myself and with email notification enabled, and finally an Email to myself task stating that all is done (so I should receive one email telling me to start the Task, and another email saying that it is completed after somehow manually indicating that I completed it).

The Timer does not fire (maybe a timezone issue, although I now set it, but still no time-trigger).
If I try to start a New Case from the Home tab (I was a bit stumped that I could not test it from the Designer tab), then I get a cryptic error: "All conditions in evaluation routing rule evaluated to false". What does that mean? What do I need to do to convince ProcessMaker that the three tasks/steps are to be executed as designed (in sequence)?

Thank you very much in advance for any help with this probably trivial issue if you know the tool already.
By amosbatto
You have either an exclusive or inclusive gateway. You need to right click on the gateway and select "Properties" from the context menu. Then you need to enter conditions that evaluate to true or false. If true, then the path will be executed. All the conditions in your gateway evaluated to false, so the case can't continue and you got that error message. You need to create conditions where at least one condition is true (or use the default marker for a default path out of a gateway if the other conditions evaluate to false.

For example, with this process:
processWithGateway.png
processWithGateway.png (17.46 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
You can use these conditions:
RoutingRulesForGateway.png
RoutingRulesForGateway.png (37.85 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
Where "orderAmount" is a float variable associated with a text box in a DynaForm in "Task 7".

However, if you want three tasks to be executed in sequence (not in parallel), then you can just link them together like this:
ThreeSequentialTasks.png
ThreeSequentialTasks.png (8.38 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
BTW, if you haven't worked though this example, then you should do it now:
http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/getting_started
What's SAP FICO?

Trustworthy and skill-building, each of these actu[…]

To convert MBOX to PST, start by downloading and i[…]

My Assignment Services stands out as one of the be[…]

Erectile Dysfunction, commonly known as impotence,[…]