Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By blokje
Hello,

The problem I have is that the process reacts differently depending on the order of the tasks executed.
I have attached a rtf-file with the different senario's I have tried.

The tasks have been brought back to the most simple task, all tasks just have a submit button, except task 3, it has alse a checkbox (name= back) on the form.

What do I wrong and how can I make it work the way I want (wait until both paths are finished).
Attachments
(80.01 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
(89.05 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
(16.81 MiB) Downloaded 315 times
By amosbatto
The condition to go from Task 3 to the converging parallel gateway is always false. You should change the routing rules in your exclusive gateway to use these conditions:
RoutingRulesForExclusiveGatewayParallelExample.png
RoutingRulesForExclusiveGatewayParallelExample.png (21.65 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
Your test_parallel-1.pmx process works correctly in PM 3.2.1. Here is the order I see when I execute cases:
Task 1 -> Task 2 -> Task 3 -> [X gateway] -> Task 2 -> Task 3 -> [X gateway] -> {waits for other thread} -> Task 4 {now both threads are completed} -> Task 5 -> (end)

Task 1 -> Task 4 -> {waits for other thread} -> Task 2 -> Task 3 -> [X gateway] -> Task 2 -> Task 3 -> [X gateway] {now both threads are completed} -> Task 5 -> (end)

In both scenarios, the converging parallel gateway waits until both threads have finished before continuing to Task 5. Do you want something different to happen?
By blokje
Thank you for your response.

I have tried this onsite but it still doesn't work for me.
I created a trial enviroment here (I assume it is the latest version), and even here it doesn't work.

What I did is:
Task 1 -> Task 2 -> Task 3 -> [X gateway] -> Task 2
then Task 4 it continues to Task 5, I think that should not happen, it should wait for Task 3 to set Back to false / [0]

I have also tried for the gateway conditions:
Code: Select all
Task 2 condition:        isset(@=Back) and @@Back[0] == "1"
gateway condition:       empty(@=Back) or @@Back[0] == "0"
Have you any other idea's?
By amosbatto
I retried it again and see that you are right. Please file a bug report about this at http://bugs.processmaker.com

You need to use the conditions that I gave you. You need to access arrays as @=Back[0] and not as @@Back[0].

In the meantime, you can get around this problem by sticking a loop with an intermediate timer and an empty script task in your process to force the Task 4 thread to wait until the other thread completes:
WaitForBackToBeTrue.png
WaitForBackToBeTrue.png (26.07 KiB) Viewed 4324 times
Here is the sample process:
(102.94 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
If you are using this on your own server, then you need to configure your server to periodically execute the timereventcron.php file. See:
http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.2/Executing_cron.php

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]

Experience heightened pleasure with Cenforce 100 M[…]

Get an instant solution to move emails to MBOX for[…]

Most Demanding OST to PST Converter

The most demanding OST to PST Converter is TrijaT[…]