Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By PRich13
Hi All,

I've just manually installed the latest ProcessMaker build on my windows 10 machine. I enter all our on-site email settings into the email server app and click to sent a test email but it just spins and spins and never completes. There's nothing in the logs and I'm not getting any error messages.

I've made sure the system time and the Processmaker time are the same and I've not had issues senting SMTP mail from other applications on my PC
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!
By amosbatto
If you don't get to this screen:
testEmail.png
testEmail.png (35.7 KiB) Viewed 9089 times
and are stuck at the "Test data..." message with a spinner, then you probably have a firewall issue or can't resolve the domain name of your email provider, so it is a DNS issue. Turn off all firewalls. Who is your email provider? They should have instructions on their web page or ask them for the right settings for their SMTP server.

To check if a DNS issue, do a ping from the command line to their SMTP server. For example:
ping smtp.gmail.com
PING gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com (173.194.212.108) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from vq-in-f108.1e100.net (173.194.212.108): icmp_seq=1 ttl=39 time=99.1 ms
64 bytes from vq-in-f108.1e100.net (173.194.212.108): icmp_seq=2 ttl=39 time=98.6 ms
64 bytes from vq-in-f108.1e100.net (173.194.212.108): icmp_seq=3 ttl=39 time=98.6 ms
^C
--- gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 98.657/98.814/99.126/0.220 ms

Try all the commands shown here: http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.2/Email_ ... figuration
By PRich13
The email provider is our own internal Exchange server. I can run the ping command for the url and it returns the internal IP and pings successfully.

I've tried turning the firewall on my machine off but I still get the spinning wheel of death...

I've tried looking at the email configuration checks you linked to but nothing has revealed anything.

I've also tried using the gmail settings with an account I use for reporting and that gives the same results.

Thank you for helping!
By Eferr92
Hello! I have the same problem.

I am using the following configuration:

server: smtp.gmail.com
port: 25 (also tried 465, 587)
use secure connection: TLS

PM version: community edition 3.1.3

On the gmail account IMAP is enabled, allow less security app is turned on, it doesn't use a 2-Step Verification.

My machine can ping smtp.gmail.com

I don't think that the firewall block the port 25, because i've tried to configure a windows live account and it works...
With gmail accounts the send test email test remains pending (with the spinning wheel) and same for the process notifications that i can see in PM email logs.

Thanks
By amosbatto
If using gmail, then you need to use port 587, as shown on the wiki and your connection needs to use TLS. Are you using standard gmail or a company email provided by Google (i.e., is your email like xxxxx@gmail.com or is it like xxxxx@my_company.com).

Did you follow all these steps to try and figure out what is the problem?

You can check whether a firewall is blocking your connection with this command (if using Linux or Mac OS) issued from the command line of your Processmaker server:
openssl s_client -connect smtp.gmail.com:587
You should see output like this:
Code: Select all
CONNECTED(00000003)
140610385852048:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol:s23_clnt.c:782:
---
no peer certificate available
---
No client certificate CA names sent
---
SSL handshake has read 7 bytes and written 289 bytes
---
New, (NONE), Cipher is (NONE)
Secure Renegotiation IS NOT supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1.2
    Cipher    : 0000
    Session-ID: 
    Session-ID-ctx: 
    Master-Key: 
    Key-Arg   : None
    PSK identity: None
    PSK identity hint: None
    SRP username: None
    Start Time: 1513717767
    Timeout   : 300 (sec)
    Verify return code: 0 (ok)
---
By Eferr92
Thanks for your replys.

ProcessMaker server os is Windows 7.
I'm using a company email provided by Google.
Also, I noticed on the Google documentation, that you can use port 465 with SSL and there are two other URLs to try:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en
I tried all those configurations, but none works... I've also followed the guide's steps to try and figure out what is the problem, but as I said in the previous post i can ping the smtp server, and firewall doesn't seem to block something.

At the moment i'm using, as a workaround, an adhoc hotmail account.
If you have the misfortune be using Windows for your ProcessMaker server, then see this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/110 ... -via-gmail
In this days I'll check this link you provided.

Thank you very much
By amosbatto
I would connect a Linux or MacOS machine to your network and see if you can use the command:
openssl s_client -connect smtp.gmail.com:587
And all the other commands listed on the wiki page to debug the problem.

That will tell you if you have a firewall on your network blocking port 587.
By markfilan
Try Google Less secure apps configuration

Log in to your Gmail account through a web browser and enable access through less secure apps . Less secure apps can make your account more vulnerable, Google will automatically turn this setting off if it's not being used. However, bypass this security setting with a configuration tweak within your Google Email Account .

How "more secure apps" help to protect your account?

Which level of access you're giving the client before you connect your Account.
Client access only a relevant part of your Account, like your email or calendar.
Connect your Google Account to the client without exposing your password.
Disconnect your Google Account from the client at any time.

Web3 development encompasses creating decentralize[…]

The Upland Clone Script, offered by Dappsfirm, rep[…]

Dappsfirm offers a bet365 clone script that mirror[…]

🚀 Tauchen Sie mit Immediate Alora AI in die Welt d[…]