Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By mauromero
Hello,
I'm workin in a process that has a variable number of parallel task just like in the examples in
http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/Trigge ... llel_Tasks
PM3.0TriggerExampleTaskLoopParallelDiagram.png
PM3.0TriggerExampleTaskLoopParallelDiagram.png (16.46 KiB) Viewed 6350 times
Every parallel task has its own DynaForm with the same fields; let's say "Name" and "Amount"
Parallel Task 1 has variables "name_1" and "amount_1", Parallel Task 2 has variables "name_2" and "amount_2" ... and so on.
The number of Parallel Tasks may vary, it could be 2 or 10 (for testing purposes, the diagram has just 4 but I will add more later)

Everything works well but my problem is that in the Final Task, I would like to have all the names and amounts that have been submitted from PT1, PT2, PT3 and PT4; so when I have all the information I need I can continue with the following task (for testing purposes, the diagram has an end point but I will add more tasks later)
I know I could use a converging gateway to merge the parallel paths and wait until all of them have been completed (maybe I will do that), but what I need is to display in the Final Task all the information that have been filled out in the forms.

Thank you!
By amosbatto
With the process map you posted, the "Final Task" will be executed once the first parallel task is completed and the case will end before all the parallel tasks have been completed. If you have more tasks after the Final Task, then the "Final Task" will be executed up to four times. You definitely need to add a converging gateway to prevent this.

However, none of this is necessary because ProcessMaker includes a parallel marker for tasks in version 3.0.1.4 and later, so you can execute a parallel task for each assigned user.

The problem is how to deal with the data. If you use the parallel marker in a task, then the data entered by each new user will overwrite the variables set by the previous user. The basic idea is to create a grid which will show the data entered by all the users in the parallel task. After each dynaform is submitted in the parallel task, the data has to be saved to a new row in the grid. If the user returns to that same Dynaform, then the data is pulled from the grid and restored to the case variables so the user can edit the form again.

I have prepared an example process to show you how to do this. Look at the triggers which are fired before and after the DynaForm in the parallel task.
(63.17 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
Thank you for your reply.
I tested your example, I think I can try your approach, but if I did, I would have to modify my process map... I'm evaluating that.

This is my real map (or a simplified version of it)
map.png
map.png (44.25 KiB) Viewed 6323 times
Co-Sponsor Form 1, Form 2, Form 3 and Form 4 have different Dynaforms so the data is not overwritten, once all the forms are submitted, the task "Provide Co-Sponsor Account Number" has a "Value Based Assignment" method. Here, every Co-Sponsor Acc. Mgr. fills a single field with an account number in the previous Co-Sponsor Form (Form 1, 2, 3 or 4). Then is the Sponsor Acc. Mgr. the one who gets all the information in the "Collect Accounts" task. Is in this task where I need to display all the data submitted in the previous forms.

I have attached the simplified version of the process for a better understanding.
Thank you.
Attachments
(231.04 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
ShaliniJain1403 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:41 am Hello,

I tried importing the process but after completing the parallel process it gives task is not assigned to a user even though i have assigned user It gives me this error
Can u please help me
I just tried Save_Parallel_Data_to_Grid-1.pmx in version 3.3.8 Community (manual install) installed in Debian 9.5, and I don't see the problem. What version and OS do you have? Can you post a screen shot of the error message?
This is my process
and i constantly get this error even though i have assigned user to a task
Please advise
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.26 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (8.08 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (25.68 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]