Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By MorkFromOrk
I am new to ProcessMaker 3 and I have a small problem.

I have two small processes A and B. In Process B I try to connect to subprocess A with the subprocess symbol. In the properties of this symbol I can select the SubProcess A I want to refer to. The problem is that no Activity of A is listed in the select box "Activity to start" although my process A has an Activity that directly follows the start symbol (the green dot). I have marked the process A as SubProcess in its properties but the problem remains.

What do I miss here?
Hello,

I have a similar problem/question:

I`ve designed a process "A" which I want to use
a) with a manual start
b) start as a sub-process with a script task (trigger-code) in first to match all requirements similar as the manual start

See the following screen:
7d98b135-43b5-4532-88c6-8bb430763a4e.png
7d98b135-43b5-4532-88c6-8bb430763a4e.png (10.58 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
Problem now: If I now go to a "master" process "B" which should call the process "A" as a sub process, I can only select TASK1 (manual start) as the starting task and TASK3 (script-task) is not shown in the options "Starting-Task" for the subprocess.
screen-20170712_104753.png
screen-20170712_104753.png (11.35 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
How can I achieve that if i start process "A" as a sub-process, it will start with a TASK3 ?

PM-Version 3.2 community on Stack205 (CentOS)
By amosbatto
Normal cases and subprocess cases can't be started with script tasks. The workaround is to set a trigger to be fired when the case is created. See:
http://wiki.processmaker.com/3.2/Trigge ... tion_cases

By the way, you can set the user who is assigned to the first task in the subprocess case, by using Value Based Assignment in the first task and passing the variable for Value Based Assignment from the master case to the subprocess case.
By StephanS
Hi Amos,
thank you for pointing out: "execute a trigger when a case is created" is absolutely what we need.

But starting a case with a script-task is possible and as I guess also not a limitation of BPMN2, may be of processmaker though.
We have it working with a timer-event-start:
screen-20170713_114202.png
screen-20170713_114202.png (17.66 KiB) Viewed 5582 times
In this case the script-task after a timer-start-event checks if the date is a holiday in order to only let cases pass on "working-days" (there is no option to disregard holidays in the timer-start-event) ... it works - this case starts regulary with the timer-event.

Second (as you can see in the screenshot above) I`ve also added a manual start to this process. If I now want to add this process as a subprocess, I have NO starting-task to select - even not the manual Start-task. :shock:
By StephanS
Hello Amos,

sorry - forgot to mention: Yes there are users (group with exisiting users assigned to the manual task.
We added this manual start if an automatic deploy missed due to unexpected server errors (cron-deamon not working, etc.).
By amosbatto
Stephan, I can't reproduce this problem on PM 3.2 Community Edition. Can you import these two processes and verify if you see the problem with them? I haven't tried it inside pools, so maybe that is effecting something, but I doubt it.
(36.04 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
(44.73 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
By StephanS
Hello Amos,

sorry for my very late reply, but I was off BPM for a huge time now.
Thank you very much for your investigation and your processes to test. Meanwhile I have updated Processmaker to 3.2.1 community and have tested your processes. They work well.

After that, I created new ones (master and sub) with pools and lanes and they also work as designed above: subprocess with a parallel start-option (manual-start and timer-start) for the subprocess.

So maybe PM has fixed something or my old process contained a bug. But with creating a new scenario, no error occurs and I can select a starting task for the subprocess.

Lets call this one "FIXED"

Thanks again,
Stephan

In the rapidly evolving world of online sports be[…]

STEPN integrates social networking and games that […]

Cenforce 150 is a medication used to cope with a c[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Trustworthy and skill-building, each of these actu[…]