Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker: user interface, running cases & functionality
By sts0001
Hi,

I set up an email account in the section: Admin --> Settings --> Emails Servers (everything works fine with the test email)

When I now add a Notification to specific task, select “After routing notify the next assigned user(s)” and start the process, then the email notification is not send by the account configured in “Emails Servers” (as explained above) but by the email address defined for the user, how is doing the task.

As a consequence the following error message appears:
Code: Select all
WARNING: A problem occurred while trying to send the Task Notification. - The following From address failed: test@test.com : MAIL not accepted by the server,550,Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
550 Sender address is not allowed.
SMTP server error: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
550 Sender address is not allowed.
In this example the email adress was test@test.com was configured for the user how did the current task. It is not the email adress configured in Admin --> Settings --> Emails Servers. Therefore the error message is clear that the login-credentials are not true for test@test.com.

So, how can I manage that such notification emails get sent out by the email account configured in Admin --> Settings --> Emails Servers?

I'm using Version 3.0 GA.

Thanks, Stefan
By liliana
Hi,

The problem is here: MAIL not accepted by the server

The server rejected the email, probably the server is configured to accept valid and existent email address and the one you are using is not valid or it does not exist. Could you use the same email you used to configure the email settings?

Let me know how are you going with this.

Regards,
By sts0001
Hi,

using the same email for the user as configured in the email setting works, but this doesn't solve the problem. I'll try to describe the exact reproduction steps.

Process:
Process Step1 (with user1 assigned) --> Process Step2 (with user2 assigned)
In Properties of Process Step1 it is configured, that after completing this step, the user assigned to process step2 (i.e. user2) gets notified

Email setting configuration (Admin - Settings - Emails Servers): admin@test.com
User settings:
User1 email: user1@test.com
User2 email: user2@test.com

1) user1 finishes process step1
2) email gets sent from user1@test.com to user2@test.com --> and here I see the problem/defect: the email should be sent from admin@test.com to user2@test.com NOT from user1@test.com.

3) if I reconfigure User1 email with: admin@test.com --> then it is working. BUT obviously user1 has his own email adress and not the one centrally configured as the email server in processmaker

Can you see the problem/defect. Is there a workaround for that? Informing users for the next steps in my opintion is an important key function.

Best regards,
Stefan
By sts0001
Hi again,

today I tried to find the issue in the code by myself but didn't find the right class and method where the emails gets sent. Is it class.spool.php (method: sendMail()) which is used for sending emails? If I find the right one I could hardcode the right email-adress as a workaround.

Can you also tell me how to write into the error_log in order to use it for debugging?

Thanks,
Stefan
By riccardo79
This bug is still present.
Our mailserver does not accept to send mail as user2 when it is authenticated with admin1.

The FROM notification should use the credentials saved in admin area...

How we can solve this bug?
R
By ajbommarito
I ran into this same problem getting processmaker 3.0 to send notifications through our email server (hosted office 365).

Here's my solution:
in the class.spool.php located here:
processmaker-3.0.1.8-0\apps\processmaker\htdocs\workflow\engine\classes

near line 629, change this:
$sFrom = G::buildFrom($aConfiguration, $row["APP_MSG_FROM"]);
to this:
$sFrom = G::buildFrom($aConfiguration, $row["MESS_FROM_MAIL"]);
This changes the mail to go out as the configured user instead of the user the mail was sent out TO.

The other gotcha here is that these emails don't go out immediately like an email created with PMFSendMessage() would. You have to trigger your cron script to run before these notifications will be processed and sent.
By richvle
Instructions for executing the email cron job is found here.
https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.0/Executing_cron.php
ajbommarito wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:37 pm I ran into this same problem getting processmaker 3.0 to send notifications through our email server (hosted office 365).

Here's my solution:
in the class.spool.php located here:
processmaker-3.0.1.8-0\apps\processmaker\htdocs\workflow\engine\classes

near line 629, change this:
$sFrom = G::buildFrom($aConfiguration, $row["APP_MSG_FROM"]);
to this:
$sFrom = G::buildFrom($aConfiguration, $row["MESS_FROM_MAIL"]);
This changes the mail to go out as the configured user instead of the user the mail was sent out TO.

The other gotcha here is that these emails don't go out immediately like an email created with PMFSendMessage() would. You have to trigger your cron script to run before these notifications will be processed and sent.

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]

Experience heightened pleasure with Cenforce 100 M[…]

Get an instant solution to move emails to MBOX for[…]

Most Demanding OST to PST Converter

The most demanding OST to PST Converter is TrijaT[…]