Ask questions about installing and configuring ProcessMaker 3
By Benson
Hi,

I'm new to PM having just started to look at it today, although I installed it a little while ago. I believe I'm running version 3 although I don't know how to verify that.

I'm following the Purchase Order example available through the Wiki and I'm having issues when trying to create new users. The Role field is mandatory (although this isn't indicated with an asterix as it is for other mandatory fields) but the drop down field is blank and I cannot type anything into it. This effectively means I'm unable to create users (haven't checked API/import options yet). The three default PM roles exist and I can see them in the Roles screen and I can also see them through the browser's Dev tools and directly in the database table.

The only user I currently have is the Admin user created during install, so all permissions/options open to me, and behaviour experienced, are those available to that account.

Could anyone suggest how I can get around this issue? I've tried searching online and can't find any info other than a partially similar post on this forum which is unresolved.

Thanks very much.
Login as the "admin" user and go to Admin > Settings > System Information to find out what version of PM you are using and post it here.

There was a bug in a previous version that prevented people from creating new users. I can't remember the exact version number where the bug appeared, but if you tell me the version that you are using, I can check it out and tell you whether that is your problem.
Hi Amos,

That was one of the places I looked yesterday when I was trying to find out what version I was running. I just get a blank screen when I do that, which I thought was odd but because I was already trying to sort the user problem I didn't worry too much about it. I've attached a screen shot.

Thanks.
Attachments
ProcessMaker System Information.JPG
ProcessMaker System Information.JPG (69.58 KiB) Viewed 17574 times
Benson wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:07 am Hi Amos,

That was one of the places I looked yesterday when I was trying to find out what
mycfavisit version I was running. I just get a blank screen when I do that, which I thought was odd but because I was already trying to sort the user problem I didn't worry too much about it. I've attached a screen shot.

Thanks.
I got really good information from this content.
thanks for sharing.
rodrigogodoy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:57 pm I'm experiencing the same problem when creating new users in version 3.4.10-community.
The "Role" field is empty and is required for new users.
I reinstalled the entire environment and installed MySQL 5.6.42 (and checked for packages not to be updated) and it worked!
Only users who can create applications can create groups. The process is ... User dialog. Leave the Search box blank and choose Groups from the in dropdown.
Thank you
<a href="https://surveyz.onl" title="Post">surveyz.onl</a>

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]