Page 1 of 1

Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:30 am
by ricardoduarte
Hi there,

I'm having trouble with some case labels, where the variables do not expand.
So, I have a task with case label @#document_number, requested by @#user . Some cases will show just the ", requested by" as the case label.
If I go to the task definition and add something before @#document_number (say "Process "), the labels work.

The descriptions for the same tasks also are not expanding the variables.

What I can see different on these cases are that some variable text have apostrophes, or braces.

Also strange is that this seem to only happen on a particular task. But all the parameters of the task are the same as the other tasks on the process.

Any idea what can be the problem?

Thanks

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:33 pm
by amosbatto
I can't replicate the problem in PM 3.3.4 Enterprise.

Do you see the same problem if you use one of the following?
@=document_number, requested by @=user
or
@@document_number, requested by @@user

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:06 pm
by drmanuel
Hi Amos,
I've the same issue. As you suggest I change the prefix variable with @= and @@ but without success.
I notice that only the new cases are affected and that if I enter in the design Case Label section and I do any change (ex. from @@ to @# or viceversa or @= ) , the case label of requests with inexact label appears correctly in the inbox area of user.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance.
M.

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:23 am
by programerboy
Hi,

I have same problem!
I think this problem is when I set trigger after route.
I have to update APP_TITLE field with query again.

Thanks

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:22 am
by amosbatto
I still can't replicate the problem on my installation of ProcessMaker 3.3.4 Enterprise, but as programerboy suggests, you can get around the problem by adding the following trigger to your process:
Code: Select all
$c = new Cases(); 
$aCaseInfo = array(
    "APP_UID" => @@APPLICATION,
    "DEL_INDEX" => @%INDEX,
    "APP_TITLE" => @@document_number.", requested by "[email protected]@user
);
$c->updateCase($aCaseInfo);
Then, set this trigger to fire at some point in your process.

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:45 am
by drmanuel
Hi amosbatto,
I have the same issue on 2 different server with the community version.
Strangely your solution doesn't work but the one of programerboy do.
However this solution is very difficult to follow, because I don't want to create a trigger for all tasks and for all processes, because I set the case label in the task properties differently for every task. Every user wants to see the relevant information for his job in the personal inbox section. Moreover the setting of Case Label in the task property was so cool until it worked!
Thanks in advance.
M.

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:41 pm
by ricardoduarte
I'm not sure I understood the suggestion by programerboy.
Can someone explain it?

I currently only see this problem on a particular task.

If I change the title on the designer, the title gets fixed but it reverts after cron runs.
Also, if I go to "Advanced Search" the task shows with the wrong name all the time.
pm_snip.PNG
pm_snip.PNG (40.84 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
pm_snip.PNG
pm_snip.PNG (6.67 KiB) Viewed 1338 times

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:59 am
by ricardoduarte
I now understand what programerboy said.
The problem happens when I have a post-routing trigger.
In my case, I have one under the "Process Order" task.
If I remove the post-routing trigger, the labels are updated properly.

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:51 am
by drmanuel
Yes ricardoduarte, I confirm what you say.
I've the same results deleting the trigger in post routing.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 pm
by GiftsTakers
I'm seeing this problem too and I also have triggers in post-routing that send an email to IFTTT for notification purposes.

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:13 pm
by amosbatto
I found out that this is a bug in ProcessMaker. If there are multiple triggers fired during routing, then only the variables in the first trigger are saved. To get around this bug, you need to combine all your after routing triggers into one trigger if you are using 3.3.8 or later. This bug was fixed in version 3.3.9

The is another bug setting the values in grids in triggers after routing. This bug will be fixed in version 3.3.12.

Re: Case Labels / Desscription not working properly after 3.3.4

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:44 am
by GiftsTakers
Thank you for the info.

I changed my variables to be @# instead of @@ and for some reason now all the case labels are correct. Very odd.