Ask questions about installing and configuring ProcessMaker 3
By rhbooth
Hello,

My organization uses a corporate email address with a TLD that is 8 characters in length (ex. user.name@mail.longerml). The form for editing user email information in the Admin/User Personal information details fails validation at 6 characters. Is there anyway to change this so that our email addresses can be input correctly?

Thansk
By AlanBueno
Hello,
Which version of ProcessMaker are you using? this issue is quite easy to solve if you are working on PM3.X, because you would only have to change the validation string from:
Code: Select all
^\w+(\.\w+)*@(\w+\.)+\w{2,4}$
to:
^\w+(\.\w+)*@(\w+\.)+\w{2,8}$
By rhbooth
I am using Processmaker 3.2. What configuration file do I edit with the updated validation string? I am not trying to validate data put into a Dynaform but the actual PM user information for user accounts. My forms in my tasks work fine.

Thanks
By AlanBueno
The validation string method is used only for dynaform controls, if you want to have your PM users being able to use such type of emails the process to do it is a little harder since you would have to use web services
By AlanBueno
The detailed procedure is as follows
First, create a new process like this:

Assign an administrator user to the task, then create the following variables:

Once you have done that, you need to create a new dynaforms and assign the recently created variables to their corresponding web controls:

Keep in mind that for the role dropdown, the options need to be:
Key: PROCESSMAKER_ADMIN
Label: ADMIN

Key:PROCESSMAKER_OPERATOR
Label:OPERATOR

Key: PROCESSMAKER_MANAGER
Label: MANAGER

Once you have completed all that you need to assign that dynaform to the task.
Finally, you need to create a new trigger and assign it to fire after the dynaform, the code of the trigger should look like this:
client = new SoapClient( 'http://172.16.21.24/sysworkflow/en/classic/services/wsdl2' );
$params = array( array( 'userid' => 'admin', 'password' => 'admin' ) );
$result = $client->__SoapCall( 'login', $params );
$sessionID = $result->message;

$params = array( array( 'sessionId'=>$sessionID, 'userId'=>@@userID, 'firstname'=>@@firstName,
'lastname'=>@@lastName, 'email'=>@@email, 'role'=>@@role, 'password'=>@@password) );
$result = $client->__SoapCall( 'createUser', $params );

if( $result->status_code == 0 ){
@@response = "$result->message\nUser UID: $result->userUID";
} else {
@@response = "An error occurred\nError Number:$result->status_code\nError Message: $result->message";
}
Once again, keep in mind you need to use your own IP and credentials in the parts
client = new SoapClient( 'http://172.16.21.24/sysworkflow/en/classic/services/wsdl2' );
and
$params = array( array( 'userid' => 'admin', 'password' => 'admin' ) );
After everything is set you can create a new case for this process, the dynaform will not have any validation regarding length for the email control so you will be able to create users with any kind of email you desire.
Zappify Consumer Report

Zappify 2.0 Review- Picture this: you're sitting o[…]

Zappify Consumer Report

Zappify 2.0 Review- Picture this: you're sitting o[…]

🚨 Verpassen Sie nicht die neueste Handelsplattform[…]

Thanks. Very useful. https://www.solarpanelinstal[…]