Ask questions about installing and configuring ProcessMaker 3
If you want to keep your existing cases, then you need to do a manual install of PM 3.0.1.7 using its tar.gz file in another server or virtual machine. Then, make a backup of the workspace on your Bitnami installation, then import that workspace into your manual installation of PM 3.0.1.7. Then you can follow the normal upgrade procedure on your manual installation to upgrade PM to the latest version.

PS: This is the reason why I don't recommend doing Bitnami installations.
I have tried upgrading my Bitnami version from 3.0.1.8 to 3.1.2 and it worked without loosing any case data.

Amos is right about the manual installation, but if you still want to keep going with the Bitnami version I would suggest the following steps:
    1. Backup your MySQL database for 3.0.1.7 version 2. Install the new Bitnami version of ProcessMaker. 3. Restore the backed up database in your new MySQL database. 4. Open your terminal and migrate to the installation directory, which should be [b] <Installation-Directory>/apps/processmaker/htdocs[/b] 5. Run [b]./processmaker upgrade[/b] for Linux system or [b]processmaker.bat upgrade[/b] for Windows 6. Restart the Apache.
I hope this helps. I would recommend you to perform a backup your old Bitnami installation before beginning with the upgrade. To take the backup of your Bitnami installation simply create a zip of your Bitnami folder and create a dump of the MySQL database.
Zainab, One problem with upgrading that way in a Bitnami installation is that you loose any files attached to the cases, which are stored in the shared directory. Did you try copying the shared files to the new Bitnami installation?
I think that a safer way to do this is to simply overwrite the existing PM code in the Bitnami installation with new PM code from a tar.gz file. The problem is that the directory structure in the tar.gz file is slightly different from Bitnami, so you probably have to rename directories to make it work.
Aza,
Your Bitnami installation is currently in Windows? In order to export a workspace from Windows to Linux, you have change the configuration of MySQL to be case insensitive, but there is an added complication that Bitnami has a different file structure, so it might cause problems when trying to import the workspace from Window to Linux. Let me do some experiments and see if it is possible. If I don't post in a couple days, post the question again to remind me. I'm kind of busy right now so I can't work on it today.
Dear Amos,

Thank you for your feedback.
I think that one of our IT boffins may have found a solution.
    Complete a backup as per the instructions on the Wikipages. Do a mySQL dump. Make the MySQL changes as noted in your post Restore the backup (at thgis point if you open Processmaker you will see no cases) create a database with the same name as the bitnami one (bitnami_pm) Import the MySQL dump file
When we opened processmaker on the new server all the old cases where there.The only "issue" that we have had is that the images that are referenced in the documents have to be updated to the new IP/HostName.

I am not sure if this is a good work around?
Kind Regards,
Aza
Dear Amos,

I'm not sure if you have had a chance to see if the workaround has worked.
All seemed to have been in order. However when the administrator tried to look at an old case to see the case status the system responded
"You do not have permission to see this case or you have not participated in it."
The adminsitrator has the following case permissions set:
Status Case: All
Target Task: All Tasks
Group or User: admin
Origin Task: All Tasks
Participation Required?: No
Type: All
Permission: View

When the IT guys did the upgrade did they miss something or is there another issue?

Kind Regards,
Aza
Want to create your own meme coin?

In the world of cryptocurrencies, a unique and exc[…]

The market for cryptocurrencies is demonstrating a[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Embarking on a dissertation can be one of the most[…]

Hello. For rental housing, there are software solu[…]