Discussion about the internationalization and localization of ProcessMaker
Hi there!

I just finished the German Translation of Processmaker 3.1.3 PO-File. You can download the translation pack over here: http://qualitymanagement.at/processmaker_deutsch (site is in german, ZIP-file on the bottom)

As starting point i have used the english .po file from within Processmaker. Simple import/export gave me 27 Errors. I kept them :) Could someone contact me (per Mail - it is in my registration) on how I update that file to 3.2.

Unfortunately I run the community edition - so there have not been any quality checks on the enterprise features.

I have found out, that the buttons in Processmaker do not scale accordingly to longer translations. E.g. "Create --> Erstellen", but i have to use "Create --> Neu (which means "new"). "Edit --> Bearbeiten", but I am using: "Edit --> Ändern" (wich would be "Change"). I could not find a working synonym for "Cancel --> Abbrechen" - so it gets cut.

Translation has been made in my spare time but during the next month I will work with a team of 3 people on that Version (using it, not translating it). So there will be optimizations to the file when I find time for it.

Andreas Hörl
Last edited by ahoerl on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello Andreas,

thank you very much for your work.
I use the following way to upgrade languages (consider, you have a complete translation).

1. Export the english language from a fresh 3.2 installation.
Use POEdit:
2. File--> New from POT/PO File and select your exported 3.2 file. Save the file as a new german translation. At this time NO items are translated!
3. Inside POEdit got to File-->Preferences-->Translation Memory--> Use translation memory --> Learn from files --> (should be empty first) and select your previous german translation file (f.e. from 3.1.3 ...)
4. Use: Catalogue --> Pre-Translate --> Only fill in exact matches

This will integrate your previous translation into your new file.
You can customize the header information via Catalogue-->Properties and finally see and translate missing MSGIDs of the new version.

Hope this helps...
Regards,
Stephan
Hi Stephan!

Thanks for your reply - I have put a 3.2 version some time ago. Unfortunately I have not seen your post....
https://qualitymanagement.at/wp-content ... -06-09.zip

I did it via Total Commanders integrated "diff". Copied out the changed or added entries and added/changed them in the translation file from version 3.1.3.

Sorry for the late reply - it seems, that I do not get notified on this post.

Using your translation path: Do I have to search for English entries in the file afterwards (my diff way could help you finding untranslated stuff)?

Andy Hörl
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andreas-hoerl-tirol
StephanS wrote:Hello Andreas,

thank you very much for your work.
I use the following way to upgrade languages (consider, you have a complete translation).

1. Export the english language from a fresh 3.2 installation.
Use POEdit:
2. File--> New from POT/PO File and select your exported 3.2 file. Save the file as a new german translation. At this time NO items are translated!
3. Inside POEdit got to File-->Preferences-->Translation Memory--> Use translation memory --> Learn from files --> (should be empty first) and select your previous german translation file (f.e. from 3.1.3 ...)
4. Use: Catalogue --> Pre-Translate --> Only fill in exact matches

This will integrate your previous translation into your new file.
You can customize the header information via Catalogue-->Properties and finally see and translate missing MSGIDs of the new version.

Hope this helps...
Regards,
Stephan
Hi Andy,

if you create a new translation, all "msgstr" are empty.
After the step "Pre-translate" only exact matches are translated. For all the new or changed "msgid" the "msgstr" lines will stay empty.
For example: if your reference-translation or older version contains 1000 translated MSGID and the new version of your PO-file (export from processmaker) matches only 990 MSGID, then only those 990 MSGID are pre-translated.
So you can search afterwards for those not translated "msgid" in notepad++ or POEdit itself.

I guess, if a MSGID is empty or not translated, the PO-Format will fall back to the english (default installed) language.
So I suggest NOT to translate any item if you want to keep the original/default word for it, or if you are unsure if you should translate.
It is just one of all the different paths to translate PO-files, but this way you can create and improve step by step new versions of translations, integrating your previous work :-)

By the way: if you import unfinished translations you often get warnings, because many MSGSTR are empty. But I think this should not be a problem for ProcessMaker, which should use the default-language for those MSGIDs.

Thank you again for the german translation.
At the moment I have not much time, and still not imported the translation for a test. But this will follow...
If you are interested, I will send you my translation-work later, so you can compare or take parts of it.
Hi Stephan!

Thanks for your guide to POEdit. This will help me next time :)
I did not translate common English terms - just the parts which made sense. There are severe problems when it comes to button scaling and content length - e.g. "Erstellen" is to long - so I had to use "Neu", "Abbrechen" gets cut.. "Edit" became "'Ändern", because "Bearbeiten" gets cut...

The translation seems to make sense. At the moment we are working on BPM using my German translation. And I get minor change requests from the team. I fixed all my warnings - there is a separate post for them (I submitted those to some Processmaker team member).

I am interested in your translation work - but I am unsure how you will handle the comparison. Maybe my insecurity relates to my not existing experience handling PO Edit :)

Andy

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]