Discussion about the internationalization and localization of ProcessMaker
By Shughart
Hi,

We tried to use the Simplified Chinese translation pack (processmaker.zh-cn.po Isaac Qin 2010-01-12) but found two issues with it:
- the first error happen when we tried to install the downloaded file (see attached file) :
processmaker.zh-cn_po_ERROR.jpg
processmaker.zh-cn_po_ERROR.jpg (9.69 KiB) Viewed 15480 times
This error happens because, in the file's header, the country value was set to "X-Poedit-Country: PRC\n" , and can be fixed by using "X-Poedit-Country: CHINA\n" instead.

- the second one is almost unnoticeable, as it only happens with PoEdit (tested on windows). If you don't change anything to the file (well, except for the above using Notepad++), then it will load in ProcessMaker.
If you try to edit the file in PoEdit, it will throw three "fatal errors". In the original PO file there is an entry at line 2971 which PoEdit can't handle.
Code: Select all
# TRANSLATION
# LABEL/ID_FIELD_FOREIGN_TABLE
#: LABEL/ID_FIELD_FOREIGN_TABLE
msgid "Field \\\\"table\\\\" is required"
msgstr "栏位 \\\\"table\\\\" 是必须"
After imporation, the following message and errors were displayed. Does not seem to affect ProcessMaker, though.
The translation file was successfully imported.
PO File num. records: 3129
Success Records: 3111
Failed Records: 18
Errors registered:
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/departments_AssignEmployee.xml
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/departments_AssignEmployee.xml
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/departments_Users.xml
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/organizationalChart.xml
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/organizationalChart.xml
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/popupMenu.xml
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/popupMenu.xml
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/properties.xml
file doesn't exist: /opt/processmaker/workflow/engine/xmlform/departments/properties.xml
The problem is that PoEdit is adding the "PRC" country code, which PM doesn't recognize. I have added a note to another bug report about Chinese from Taiwan. See:
http://bugs.processmaker.com/view.php?id=7228

I have filed a bug report about the \\\\"table\\\\" problem. See:
http://bugs.processmaker.com/view.php?id=7723

As for the warnings, I didn't see any when I imported the Simplified Chinese translation file into PM v.2.0.32. Which version of PM are you using?
I'll download a fresh archive to check on my side, but it might take some time.

Another question about the translation files, on sourceforge, there are two files available:
from translation/po files/ , toward which the wiki directs
http://sourceforge.net/projects/process ... o/download, last updated on 2010-01-12.
from translation/2.0/ , a newer file
http://sourceforge.net/projects/process ... o/download, uploaded on 2011-07-12.

Is it safe and maybe better to use the newest file or should we stick the one in the wiki (or maybe said wiki is not up to date?) ?

A 1xbet clone script is a pre-designed software so[…]

4rabet clone script is enabling entrepreneurs to e[…]

Parimatch clone script is enabling entrepreneurs t[…]

In the world of cryptocurrency, a wallet is an app[…]