Questions and discussion about using ProcessMaker 2: user interface, running cases and functionality
Forum rules: Please search to see if a question has already been asked before posting. Please don't ask the same question in multiple forums.
By al_smyth
I've had a number of issues when attempting to import a new version of a process ontop of an existing process. These are showstoppers for anything planned to be a production implementation. Worst case so far, is complete deletion of an existing process and all cases, meaning we have lost all case history which is not an acceptable risk, and all in-flight cases are lost as well.

There are 3 options available when importing a process to overwrite an existing process. The manual does not clearly define what happens with each of these options, and from experience, it greatly affects the inner workings of the processes if you select the wrong one, or in later updates, select a different option.

There are some absolute requirements that need to be met with any production tool that apply here, and I think need to be safegarded for ongoing use and changes to processes
    [*]Case data needs to have a level of security that prevents wholesale deletion. All Cases must be maintained and available after a change to the process [*]Case data should be available for export as a backup procedure, and available for import if an update fails to complete as expected. This should allow for a selection of the correct process when importing, to ensure that the cases are assigned to the correct process. [*]The collective Process AND Cases should available for export to allow for modular backups, and potential recovery of a process with case data in the event of a failed update. [*]In the scenario that a process update changes significantly enough to 'orphan' a case at a no-longer existant task, some form of administrative case-to-task reassignment needs to be available.
I'm sure there are other production world issues to come about, and I'd like to see what other concerns are on the minds of fellow users.
In order to make sure this is a PM issue, and not an issue with my process, we have created a whole new implementation of PM with the latest version.

I imported a working pm file for a somewhat simple process we started using
I created 7 cases, and left one at each of the tasks to better track what may work and what may be an issue when changing the pm to the new revision
i imported the new pm revision file.
I selected the option to "Update Current..." which should replace existing tasks with new tasks.

I get errors on the import - see attached
All the in-flight and completed tasks seem to behave properly. I cannot tell what needs to happen with the import routine to clear the errors during import.
PM_SCR Upgrade r1.14 to r1.15.PNG
screen shot of erro during .pm import
PM_SCR Upgrade r1.14 to r1.15.PNG (81.3 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
I have exactly the same error, all my cases were deleted from one environment to the other one. Did you find a solution for this?, I mean I cannot continue using the production server, cause might lose the existing cases again.

Is there an option which you can turn off or something in order to avoid case's deletion?

Thanks,
donelson07

A 1xBet clone script is a customizable software so[…]

A Bustabit clone script is a pre-made software sol[…]

Are you looking for ways to pay someone to write m[…]

BC.Game Clone

BC.game clone is a replica of the original BC.game[…]