Share ideas, ask questions, and get feedback about developing for ProcessMaker
Forum rules: Please post new questions under "Developing processes & programming" for ProcessMaker 2 or 3.
By JJOhnson
In the properties, I have a checkbox for the grid control to set add items and delete items with is great, except for one thing. Sometimes the users have to enter in new line items that share many of the same data values from the previous line item and the data entry is tedious. This is especially bad when there are say, 20 line items and 90% of the grid line item fields are the same and they are choosing values from drop down upon drop down.

I would like to do some sort of "Copy" feature where Instead of clicking the new button, I would add another button next to it saying "Copy". This would add a new item and copy the contents of the previous Item. I can still refer to the button class in the HTML and add a button, I would just need to tweak the back-end handling of the grid control.

I have googled around a little, and search "Grid controls" / "Customizing controls on the forums without much luck.

Anyone care to nudge me in the right direction? I'm not sure which file to look at or where the control code is stored.
By rundyz
I've tried this before as well, without complete success.

I looked to try using the onaddrow() function and detect what button triggered that New or Copy (all in javascript ) then do the copy.
Although I didn't get that to completely work I think it would. However I wanted to let the uses decide which row to copy

So the next approach would be to add a 'copy' link in alongside the delete link and use that to fire the copy

Hope that helps, if I did complete I would happily share...

Being the best in the started business is the obje[…]

Winzo is a popular and unique game on the mobile p[…]

Cannot create process using templets

Real details. The problem was solved by effect!

However, it is essential to use it responsibly and[…]