Share ideas, ask questions, and get feedback about developing for ProcessMaker
Forum rules: Please post new questions under "Developing processes & programming" for ProcessMaker 2 or 3.
By TingTingXie
Dear all,

I have received an error when i was trying to create a new workspace called "sales".
To be clear, i can create workspace without any error under windows XP environment.
But when i want to test in my own laptop(windows 8.1), it prompted me this error in attach.

Have tried to uninstall PM and install -->create workspace again. same error happens.

So i would like your all help. Thanks in advance.
(just for you to know, i've followed the step in the wiki and i did successfully created more than 5 workspaces in the windows XP system)
I use the automatically installation package which automatically install myaql,phpmyadmin and so on. so all versions for that should be standard.
Attachments
Workspace_Sales1.JPG
workspace_sales
Workspace_Sales1.JPG (38.18 KiB) Viewed 6600 times
By dennysse
Dear TingTingXie,

Sometimes this error happens because of MySQL user privileges, try to give the user which will be running ProcessMaker, superuser privileges, this page would help you with it. Or check your Workflow Applications Cache Info at ADMIN > Settings > CasesListCacheBuilder. This section shows you if the current user has SUPER privileges and let you change MySQL location and its user.

On the other hand, why don't you try ProcessMaker manual installation. We recommend not to use the automatic installation on Production or Development servers. This should only be used to try out ProcessMaker.

Let us know how it goes. ;)

Regards.
By TingTingXie
dennysse wrote:Dear TingTingXie,

Sometimes this error happens because of MySQL user privileges, try to give the user which will be running ProcessMaker, superuser privileges, this page would help you with it. Or check your Workflow Applications Cache Info at ADMIN > Settings > CasesListCacheBuilder. This section shows you if the current user has SUPER privileges and let you change MySQL location and its user.

On the other hand, why don't you try ProcessMaker manual installation. We recommend not to use the automatic installation on Production or Development servers. This should only be used to try out ProcessMaker.

Let us know how it goes. ;)

Regards.
Hi, Denny

Thanks for your suggestion, I've tried one round with your suggestion based on the current situation. with no luck, it didn't work.
I will try tomorrow again regarding this.
Will update you. Thanks

Emily TingTing
By dennysse
Hi Emily,

Could you tell me please what version of ProcessMaker did you install? While you're trying again I could replicate your steps, check if I get the same error and help you more. Another question please, did you create a different user for MySQL or you're working with root user?

Let me know please. Thanks. :)
By TingTingXie
dennysse wrote:Hi Emily,

Could you tell me please what version of ProcessMaker did you install? While you're trying again I could replicate your steps, check if I get the same error and help you more. Another question please, did you create a different user for MySQL or you're working with root user?

Let me know please. Thanks. :)

Hi, Denny

We are still in progress of testing this software around, so i just use the auto-installer for installation.
The version is 2.5.2 ( latest stable one i believed).
No, I didn't create a different user for now and keeping using root user account.
Once i did add the password for this root account, but same error happened like above with/without root password created.

Will try in the future sometimes.

Thanks, Happy New Year!
By dennysse
Hi, Denny

We are still in progress of testing this software around, so i just use the auto-installer for installation.
No, I didn't create a different user for now and keeping using root user account.
Once i did add the password for this root account, but same error happened like above with/without root password created.

Thanks, Happy New Year!

Hi Emily,

Thanks! and Happy New Year to you too. I've tried to replicate the error, unfortunately I couldn't get it. Let's try to upgrade the databases, read Window's part, also run the command with database-upgrade and cacheview-repair.

Please, let me know how it goes. ;)
By TingTingXie
dennysse wrote:
Hi, Denny

Thanks, Happy New Year!

Hi Emily,

Thanks! and Happy New Year to you too. I've tried to replicate the error, unfortunately I couldn't get it. Let's try to upgrade the databases, read Window's part, also run the command with database-upgrade and cacheview-repair.

Please, let me know how it goes. ;)
Hi, Denny

I have done what you suggested in my windows 8 PC.
and even follow this person's suggestion: to create a root password and change settings under 'cache case list builder"
But with no luck, it didn't work. the screen keeps showing this message ( see attach)

Ok, have tried in few machine environment:
Windows XP ( without root password): working
Windows 7( without root password): not working
Windows 8.1( with and without root password): not working
Windows Server 2008 (without root password): not working

Error is the same as this attachment.

No worries, it's not so urgent for now because we still are in progress of testing this software.
You can advise me if you still have some other ideas. or you would like me to do re-installation?

Thanks.
Attachments
error 120115.JPG
it stays in this page for around half hours already
error 120115.JPG (27.31 KiB) Viewed 6550 times
By dennysse
Hi Emily,

It is rare that this error persists, I would recommend you to do re-installation, but use manual method. Try to clean all files created after the automatic installation and then try the new one. Please post the steps that you're following to create a new workspace.

Let me know how it goes,
Regards.
By TingTingXie
dennysse wrote:Hi Emily,

It is rare that this error persists, I would recommend you to do re-installation, but use manual method. Try to clean all files created after the automatic installation and then try the new one. Please post the steps that you're following to create a new workspace.

Let me know how it goes,
Regards.
Hi,

Thank you, I managed to resolve this issue by installing the program to "C:\program files" in my windows server, I would suspect the issue is due to the restriction of "appdata\xxx" which is a hidden file.

Anyway, thank you so much

In the rapidly evolving world of online sports be[…]

STEPN integrates social networking and games that […]

Cenforce 150 is a medication used to cope with a c[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Trustworthy and skill-building, each of these actu[…]