Ask questions about installing and configuring ProcessMaker 3
Hi,

The procedure is the same than version 2. You can check the link here. Remember that process created in version 2.5.x won't be converted into version 3. However, this version 3 has compatibility with the old designer, meaning you can use your process created in version 2.5.x .

Regards,
Hi,

I've created a guide where it explains how to upgrade ProcessMaker from version 2.5/2.8 to 3.0. Find the guide in this link..

It is not possible to migrate process created form version 2.5 to 3. Your old process will open in the old designer, but you can create processes in the old desginer.

Every consideration is explained on the guide.

Regards,
Hi!

We enterprise customer of ProcessMaker 2.045 and wish to migrate to 3.0.

Can I directly migrate from 2.045 to 3.0?

Or would it be better for me to recreate all processes/task/trigger all over again with 3.0.

Our environment is in Linux. And we have custom plugins as well.

Thank you.

David
Hi,

It is recommended to upgrade from version 2.0.45 to 2.5.2 and then to 3.0. If you want to have your processes running in the new bpmn designer you need to recreate everything, if don't when you migrate everything, your processes will be opened in the old designer where you will be able to modify your process.

Regards,
Hi!Liliana

Thank you for you reply.

If I get your correctly, I have 2 option :-

1) Migrate from 2.045 to 2.52 and then to 3.0

Which will allow everything to function well (task,trigger, plugin, etc). Except, if I were to edit any process/form. I will have to use the old interface and not the HTML5 one.

2) I can go directly to 3.0

However, I need to recreate all process, task, dynaform in 3.0 (HTML5), and map my dynaform's form data accordingly.

Hence would you agree, if I assume for totally compatibility and long term maintenance purpose, option 2 would be ideal.

Thank you very much.

David
Hello Liliana,

In the case of option 1 as described by davedran, will the REST API endpoints work for cases created in the old designer? Are there any limitations on the new 3.0 features for cases of processes created using the old designer?

Thank you.
Hi Dipo.

The REST API endpoints will work in the old designer only if you have a v. 2.8 and you upgrade it to a v. 3.0 or later. This because the end point are available from v. 2.8.

Hope this will answer your question and If you have any more questions feel free to ask, it will be a pleasure to help.

Regards,
Hi Guruji.

Yes, there is no way to convert old Dynaforms into new Responsive Dynaforms. Besides that the old DynaForms are not responsive and in order to use the Mobile App you need to use the responsive DynaForms which comes in v. 3.0

Regards,

In the rapidly evolving world of online sports be[…]

STEPN integrates social networking and games that […]

Cenforce 150 is a medication used to cope with a c[…]

What's SAP FICO?

Trustworthy and skill-building, each of these actu[…]